AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many different HD compatible resolutions set up on my HTPC using PowerStrip, and I need to change between them fairly often sometimes. Usually there is no problem changing resolutions, no matter how I do it (using PowerStrip, Windows Properties, or in a script with multires). However, once in a while it refuses to make the change and I get a dialog telling me I have to reboot for it to take effect. I haven't noticed any sort of pattern for when it does this, it seems pretty random and unpredictable. It acts like it makes the change briefly and then goes back, because the RPTV loses sync for a moment like it normally would on a resolution change. It's as if after it tries going to the new resolution something causes it to be rejected and go back.

This is very annoying problem, and I'd like to know if there's some sort of setting I can change to force it to always make the resolution change no matter what, or if there's something specific that's causing this behavior that I could work around. I'm using Windows 2000.

- Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.