AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Changing channels I receive the subject message. The channel does switch successfully, however I'd like to get rid of the "no video signal detected" message.

Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
To get rid of the message, you need a video signal. =) Some more information would be usefull: Are you using the internal tuner, dish, rabbit ears? The ReplayTV isn't receiving any signal.. or the signal is so low it can't lock on.

Karl the Ghoul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an older Phillips Replay TV Unit, 20 MB's. I have a Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable Box going into the Replay unit. I am getting a good signal, however it's only when changing channels that the blue screen and message appears briefly. Video signal does not appear to be an issue, only the brief message when changing channels.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
I get the same on my unit (using a cable box) due to the delay in the IR blaster changing the channel. Not sure if there is any way to avoid the BSOD popping up temporarily. The only thing I can recommend is that if you are using an IR blaster, you can tweek the settings and get it to change channels faster (thereby reducing the blue screen time). The methods for doing that are in several other threads.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
You can fine tune the remote control codes. From the old ReplayTV FAQ : "Response delay....Puts up a black screen while doing the channel change so you don't see the blue "no video signal" screen. It is completely safe to monkey with this value, decreasing it to see more of your show or increasing it so you don't see the channel banner generated by your satellite receiver or digital cable box."

-Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello:

Your suggested fix worked. I set the "number of digits" sent to 3 and response time to 1500 MS. Although the channel switch time is the same, I no longer receive that annoying blue screen.

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, I was also having this problem and glad I didn't have to post a new topic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.