AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a way to change the frequency/time of day of channel listing downloads?

basically, i want the syncing with myreplaytv.com to happen during the day so that i can add shows to be recorded from the office if i'll be stuck there late..

any ideas? thanks alot.

beggari

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is a feature that I believe a lot of us would like to have, and is my only major complaint about the product. Even if you could get your Replay to sync at a certain time, you still have the issue of the MyReplayTV web site which prevents you from scheduling recordings prior to 6am the following day. If they lifted that restriction, I think that it would be easy enough to write a utility which would allow you to access your ReplayTV from work and force it sync.

I wrote a long email to various departments at SB voicing my complaint. It seems to me that SB has gone out of their way to prevent users from remotely scheduling a recording even though they list this as one of the benefits of their product. In fairness to them, they did tell me that this sort of functionality is planned for the near future, and the ability to do frequent checks for changes to MyReplayTV is something that has already been built into the 5000's, but is not yet activated. I suppose that if enough of us complained, they might bump up the priority of completing this enhancement.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you use ethernet to connect to Replay servers, all you need to do is to force a net connect as soon as you get home from work. The next day it will connect around half an hour later than that, and so on. When it drifts too far, you can just force it again at the time you want.

Mine connects around noonish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info, I've been trying to find that out as well. Second Question...

Any idea how long you have to wait after you make a change on the MyReplayTV.com site, before it goes to production? I added a show to record, then forced an update about 5 minutes afterwards.

The unit didn't recieve the new info. :-(

Sm0kes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.