Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have an opportunity to get 7 channels of Lexicon NT power (2*212, 1*312) to match with my MC1. I am currently on RMB 1095 for five channels. Is this a worthwhile change (on a 5 channel basis) given that I will have to top up cash for this swap ? I have no complains on the rotel power but the thought of using all lexicon gear sounds like a beauty. I am unsure about how significant I can hear on leixcon 120w vs rotel 200w. Also I know that these NT amps are Bryston and I have always hold high regards for them.

Your comments will be helpful although I know this is a very subjective post. My other alternative is to pass on this deal and look out for a 4BST to complete my 7 channels of amplification.

Regards

DS

·
Registered
429 Posts
If it were me in your position, I would not get rid of the 1095, and would add the 4B-ST to the mains. I would be a little concerned about going "back" in power...I know most will say that it's "Bryston power", and that they exceed their specs....well, so does Rotel. So, unless the NT doubles it's specs, the Rotel will have a little more power. You'd have to compare them side by side to really be able to tell if there is a difference in sound, which I doubt you'd notice. If there is a difference, is it better, or just different? All amps mentioned are exceptional, so you really can't make a bad choice, but I'd hate to trade in a piece that is working fine, and that I'm happy with, to try something that will cost me money, and may not make an improvement in sound.

Another advantage of adding the 4B-ST would be the super warranty advantage that it has over getting the NT's....is the 1095 still under warranty?

-Craig

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would get the NT amps....which put out about ~ 160 wpc...not much less than the 1095's 200 wpc. These NT amps at their current discounted prices are great values. Hard to beat 7 Bryston monos (and I don't own them).

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can swing the money for the NT's go for it. I would at least get two more channels of power and speakers for a full 7.1 set up. As awesome as your MC-1 sounds now in five channel, wait till you hear Logic7 in full 7 channel. You'll wonder why you didn't do this a long time ago! :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I changed from Anthem MCA 50 and MCA 20 AMPS to Bryston 6B SST and 9B SST THX (4 channel). The sound difference is quite obvious for me. The Bryston's simply sound better and the build quality is second to none. I would not worry about the power drop. These AMPS can drive speakers with much more ease and refinement, particularly at high volume levels.

In the end, you usually get what you pay for. More expensive normally translates to better performance and quality.

That said, Rotel and Anthem AMPS are still a very, very good value. They are also very good sounding products under the right environment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.