AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wondering if you can lend some advice as I'm thinking of switching my current receiver.

I currently have a Sony STR-DN1050 and I'm thinking of switching it out for a Denon AVR-X3200W. In your opinion would this be an upgrade? I'm interested in the Atmos capability as well as the Audyssey calibration feature. I've heard it's quite a bit better than the Sony offered calibration and with me being new to this whole world I'd like something that be calibrated as easy as possible. I just don't want to spend the money to replace my current receiver only to not really find any noticeable difference.

I mostly use my system for TV/Movies/PS4, hardly every music and seeing as I live in a Condo I don't watch/listen excessively loud.

My current audio setup:

Elac C5
2x Elac B6
2 x Elac B4
Subwoofer from Energy Take Classic system (looking to upgrade, but not sure if necessary living in a condo)

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
88,982 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering if you can lend some advice as I'm thinking of switching my current receiver.

I currently have a Sony STR-DN1050 and I'm thinking of switching it out for a Denon AVR-X3200W. In your opinion would this be an upgrade? I'm interested in the Atmos capability as well as the Audyssey calibration feature. I've heard it's quite a bit better than the Sony offered calibration and with me being new to this whole world I'd like something that be calibrated as easy as possible. I just don't want to spend the money to replace my current receiver only to not really find any noticeable difference.

I mostly use my system for TV/Movies/PS4, hardly every music and seeing as I live in a Condo I don't watch/listen excessively loud.

My current audio setup:

Elac C5
2x Elac B6
2 x Elac B4
Subwoofer from Energy Take Classic system (looking to upgrade, but not sure if necessary living in a condo)

Thank you,
Yes yes yes, this would be a great upgrade! I had the sony 1050 as well and switched to the denon 910 which is actually about the same price point and it was way better. You'll hear much better channel separation for one, I guess this would be because the sony uses an integrated amp vs denon using separate amps. So getting a 3200 in my eyes be a fantastic upgrade!!

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Audyssey alone is worth the upgrade. As mentioned by JD, you will need to switch if you want DTS-X-Atmos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

My current audio setup:

Elac C5
2x Elac B6
2 x Elac B4

Thank you,
Hi,

Great move! You won't be disappointed. Our go to Brands for our clients are Denon and Marantz.
The power will drive your speakers better as well.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts