Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a refurbed 4508 and I have a couple of questions:

1) It looks like they gave me the newest remote (football shaped) and the 4508 manual shows a remote with a button to switch inputs that my remote does not have. I have my HD tuner plugged in to the 4508 but I can't find a way to just switch to the other set of AV inputs.

2) By year's end my town is supposed to get local channels on Dish. Will the Replay service recognize the addition of this to my Dish subscription? From the looks of it it just placed standard package channels, though I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
For number 2, the options will include 'DirecTV National' and DirecTV ' (says Washington for me. This latter one includes the locals at their 'normal' low channel numbers (as opposed to the 900 series).

As for number 1, I'd recommend a programmable remote of the RS or One For All line. VCR code 0616 is for the RTVs. If you want the original remote, you can call DNNA, get one on eBay, or someone here may have an extra.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just gave up a One For All when I sold a DVD player. Oh well.

For the time being my solution is to do a manual record of input and then stop it. That leaves it on the input. Kind of a pain, but I figure I won't be using it that much. If I'm home and able to watch HD over regular, HD wins naturally.

Now that I think of it I guess if local channels are available then it will just add that to the list of available channels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.