AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I promise this is my final "Newbie" question, but it is really bugging me. How long does it take from when you press channel up on your remote until you actually see the next channel. For me it is almost a full 5 seconds. This is crazy no more channel surfing for me I guess. Please help!!! By the way DVA is absolutely awesome.

· Registered
335 Posts
Sorry but that time is the norm. These machines obviously weren't made for channel surfing, but if you use the channel guide instead of blindly changing channels you can still do what you want fairly easy.

-Jody

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Are you using a cable box? Or is the cable plugged directly into your Replay?

If you are using a cable box, you may be able to fine tune the IR Blaster settings. I have heard that sometimes this causes slight increases in channel change times. Search the FAQ for more info.

· Registered
248 Posts
For surfing live TV, the Up/Down arrows are your best bet. You can quickly scan through what's currently on using the HUD (w/o going into the Guide display) and then pay the channel-change price only if you find something worth changing to...

Of course, the more I use RTV the less live TV I try to watch. This really kicked into high gear after I started using DVArchive to be able to save more shows than a 5040 can hold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.