AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the converter boxes that I did not see mentioned previously. I noticed most of them give you the option to use TV channel 3 or 4. Normally in this situation, you are supposed to choose the one that is not a local broadcast channel.

In my current configuration, I use a Tru-signal modulator allows me to send my satellite box RF out to all my other TV's in the house on channel 3. We do have a local channel 4 here in the Dallas area. My question is, would I be able to use channel 4 on my CECB for my OTA channels? Or will it still have interference with channel 4 even though they should be broadcasting in digital? If not then what options do I have for a box that would let me use another channel that is not being used locally?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ /forum/post/15544794

We do have a local channel 4 here in the Dallas area. My question is, would I be able to use channel 4 on my CECB for my OTA channels? Or will it still have interference with channel 4 even though they should be broadcasting in digital?

After the analog signal on channel 4 shuts down, there won't be anything to cause interference on that channel. That station's digital signal will stay on channel 35, where it is now. It will still call itself "channel 4," but that will be only a virtual channel number, for identification purposes only.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ /forum/post/15544794

I have a question about the converter boxes that I did not see mentioned previously. I noticed most of them give you the option to use TV channel 3 or 4. Normally in this situation, you are supposed to choose the one that is not a local broadcast channel.

In my current configuration, I use a Tru-signal modulator allows me to send my satellite box RF out to all my other TV's in the house on channel 3. We do have a local channel 4 here in the Dallas area. My question is, would I be able to use channel 4 on my CECB for my OTA channels? Or will it still have interference with channel 4 even though they should be broadcasting in digital? If not then what options do I have for a box that would let me use another channel that is not being used locally?

Googling "Tru-signal modulator" brought up (4) hits, non containing any useful info on where to get such a device..

Got a part number, or linky? for those of us who would like to check out the unit you mentioned?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreNotAlone69 /forum/post/15547335

Googling "Tru-signal modulator" brought up (4) hits, non containing any useful info on where to get such a device..

Got a part number, or linky? for those of us who would like to check out the unit you mentioned?

It had been a few years since I had it installed so I forgot the terminology. Actually it is a signal combiner. I had a home theater installation guy that told me about it. It has been working perfectly for many years. I do not see my particular brand (Tru-Signal) but these should be similar:

https://www.tselectronic.com/pico/sc...0b61030a908%3E

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=SPSC3

Again, this allows you to take your RF out of the Satellite/cable box and broadcast it to channel 3 or 4 (depending on the model of combiner) of all TVs on your cable network in the house.

·
Registered
419 Posts

HJJ, Thanks... Got a bunch of stuff I'm trying to get working

(Security system, cameras, SD, HD stuff, etc, and thinking about building a HTPC.. and wanting to be able to view, and control everything from anyroom.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts