AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
generally the listings at zap2it and the channel guide look like they are in sync .. if you cant find a channel on your PVR guide, chances are you will not be able to find it on the at zap2it website also ..

so here is my problem ... I am seeing channels that do not show up when I go to the website and input my zipcode and select the provider (DishNetwork) ..

the specific problem is Dish Network does not have any channels under 100 .. but on my PVR I see channels under 100 ..

a little more deep into the problem .. when I select say channel 95 on my PVR .. this is tuning to channel 9400 on my Dish receiver (controlled through IR blaster) .. so the channel displayed on my guide and the channel it actually tunes my receiver to - are not the same ...

is this a at zap2it problem or is this a PVR problem ...

any help is appreceated ... thx

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You're probably using the "DISH, National" lineup, which includes all of the locals available anywhere. The Replay maps any channel numbers >= 1000 into the 1-999 range, starting at the end; with several hundred locals, that fills all the way into the 0-100 range.

As of a few weeks ago, a lot of locations have local dish lineups ("DISH, Portland" here, for example), that remove a whole bunch of the locals (550 channel difference between national & Portland). You might try redoing setup, and seeing if you have a new choice you didn't have when you did it the first time.

If you still don't, could you give us your general location & your zipcode? It may be that there is a local lineup that's right for you, but it isn't properly keyed to your zip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks jtl .. that sure is the problem ... I just have Dish National .. I need a local Dish channel lineup.

my location is as follows : Colorado Springs, CO - zip 80907

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.