AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My channel guide is empty (shows 'no info available') since last night. My internet connection is fine (I'm using ethernet) and I tried changing the cable provider.

Are ReplayTv servers down?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried twice now, both times when its trying to do a net connect I get 'there was a problem transferring information, ReplaTv will try again later'

Its connected thru a router, it has an ip address and my net connection is fine.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my machine, I use a a user defined IP address and not DHCP. With this setup, every time the machine reboots (every 3 or 4 days I think?) I have to go back into the network settings, pretend like I am going to change something but change nothing, and tell it to save the settings. If I do not do this after every reboot, the machine is disconnected from the net and unreachable, even though all the settings appear correct. The upshot is if you leave the machine in this state long enough, the channel guide will eventually appear blank.

So, if you are using a user-defined IP address, I'd suggest going through the above procedure then forcing a net connection as described by lizzie.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by versed
On my machine, I use a a user defined IP address and not DHCP. With this setup, every time the machine reboots (every 3 or 4 days I think?) I have to go back into the network settings, pretend like I am going to change something but change nothing, and tell it to save the settings. If I do not do this after every reboot, the machine is disconnected from the net and unreachable, even though all the settings appear correct. The upshot is if you leave the machine in this state long enough, the channel guide will eventually appear blank.

So, if you are using a user-defined IP address, I'd suggest going through the above procedure then forcing a net connection as described by lizzie.
I use a static IP address on my 5080 machine. I have my router set up for DHCP and have a static address for my PC AND my replay. I have my router set up to start assigning IP addresses dynamically any number starting after these two. If I hook up a laptop etc to the network I will still get an IP address assigned to it without fowling up the network.

I have no problems like what you are describing, and have been running this way for several months.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by diverjones
I have no problems like what you are describing, and have been running this way for several months.
The problem versed describes does occur with certain hubs/switches

but not with others. If you switch out the hardware you'll notice the

problem of losing IP connectivity during maintenance reboot will go away.

Credit joef_rgb for discovering this.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Defcon, connect via phone line and force a net connect to get the guide data. Then switch back to ethernet. That will give you about a week and a half to figure out what your networking issues are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.