AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 4040 this weekend, and I start to like it. The system is connected to DSS and a foreign language satellite system. I use a modulator to convert the foreign language channel to channel 33 as off-air broadcast in my house. The output of this satellite is also connected to the input 2 of the replay system. My problem is the channel guide does not recognize my other satellite system.


Are there any way to insert a new channel to my channel list so at least I can use it for manual recording or access it through the myreplay.com? The Add/Delete part can only change whatever channels that replay TV know. It does not allow me to add a new channel that is not on their list. Is there a way to create your own guide?


Another problem I have to use repeat recording to record some episode. I'll be out of town and I want to setup some repeat recording but the maximum number of episode that the system can be set up is 7. After the 7th recording, it'll overwrite the old ones. Is there a way to tell the system not overwriting the existing ones.


I am thinking to write my own utility to control the system through the Internet because myreplay tv does not have any real time update to the unit. It has to wait until overnight to have the programing be effective. Does anyone know a way to control or query the unit remotely or something like this is already exist?


:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefwahl

Are there any way to insert a new channel to my channel list so at least I can use it for manual recording or access it through the myreplay.com?
Not easily, and even if you could myreplaytv.com isn't likely to have data for the channels.
Quote:
The Add/Delete part can only change whatever channels that replay TV know. It does not allow me to add a new channel that is not on their list. Is there a way to create your own guide?
Again, not easily. See http://rns.prest.ca/ for a more-or-less turnkey system for pre-4000 systems, and http://www.molehill.org/twiki/bin/vi...ay/RnsProtocol for information on updating it or writing your own.
Quote:
I am thinking to write my own utility to control the system through the Internet because myreplay tv does not have any real time update to the unit. It has to wait until overnight to have the programing be effective. Does anyone know a way to control or query the unit remotely or something like this is already exist?
Some kinds of queries are easy -- the replaychannels, for instance. some kinds aren't. The only over-the-network control possible seems to be to delete shows or to simulate the remote control buttons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefwahl
Are there any way to insert a new channel to my channel list so at least I can use it for manual recording or access it through the myreplay.com? The Add/Delete part can only change whatever channels that replay TV know. It does not allow me to add a new channel that is not on their list. Is there a way to create your own guide?
Nope. No known way to insert your own channel. I wanted to do the same thing, to get my house security cameras (modulated onto 4 unused cable channels) into the channel guide for easy access, and for occasional recording (eg, record baby's room camera while babysitter is here).


I found one workaround to at least schedule a simple manual recording of an off-guide channel: First, tune to the desired channel manually. Now press the Record button. From here you can change date/time & other recording parameters as desired.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top