AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my cable company (Comcast) is changing the channel line up in a few days.

I figured out how to change the line up in the set up menu; my only question is: Does changing the channel guide to a new line up affect already recorded shows? Do I have to worry about any of my recorded shows being deleted/affected by this change?

I'm guessing it won't, but want to be sure so I can back up any shows to DVArchive if it's an issue.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Nope, once they are recorded they won't be deleted by channel numbers changing.

However you will want to cancel any recordings that won't exist any more as to avoid non-existing channel messages. If you need to setup a new recording for shows, then either preserve the old shows and delete the channel or go into the advanced setup for each recording and uncheck everyday.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Ace987.

Since my existing recordings won't be affected, should I just clear out my channel guide; not sure if I'm using the right terminology, but should I just clear all my 'to be recorded' and existing recoding options/themes, then start from scratch when I download the new guide?

I'm sorry if it seem a bit confusing; but that's just what I am right now.:confused:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
What happened here in Ma. within days of Comcast changing the channel lineup was a new option in setup called "rebuild lineup". Selecting that corrected the lineup.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'd wait to see what happens. If your Replay catches the changes and keeps recording then don't bother. But if you need to setup new Replay Channels (that's the things you setup to record shows), then you'll want to eventually wipe the old Replay Channels once you watched the shows. I'd still only wipe out the Replay Channels that will no longer record anything.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
What happened here in Ma. within days of Comcast changing the channel lineup was a new option in setup called "rebuild lineup". Selecting that corrected the lineup.
I checked the setup, and saw just what you said "rebuild lineup".

Thanks Mikeyboy and everyone...one more lesson learned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.