AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Chicago area having a problem mapping WGN-DT? I have the Mits SR-HD5, and WGN-DT was was mapped just fine to channel 9-1 until this past weekend. Then, WGN-DT no longer appeared on 9-1...it was now mapped to channel 19 and 19-1. Channel 19 had no picture, channel 19-1 had the picture. If I entered 9-1 on my remote, I got a "channel not available" message.

Tonight, I was watching the Cubs game on 19-1, and the game turned a little ugly (the picture was still beautiful, but the on field action by my beloved Cubbies was not so beautiful). So I decided to do a channel scan to see if WGN-DT would map back to 9-1.

When the scan completed, WGN-DT appeared only as channel 19. There's no channel 9-1, no channel 19-1, no picture on channel 19, and a "channel not available" if I enter 9-1 or 19-1 through the remote. Signal strength on channel 19 is locked at 100.

I have no problem with any of the other digital OTA channels (5-1, 7-1, 32-1, 38-1 through 38-6, and 44-1 are all fine), just a problem with WGN-DT. I also talked to my brother-in-law who lives in S. Elgin, and he's having the exact same problem (he also has the Mits SR-HD5). Is this a problem with WGN, or with the receiver?

Marc

Go Cubs...I still believe!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.