AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Channel Master 9521a rotor for my 'older' roof-top antenna. I haven't had a chance to install it yet as the weather here has been quite nasty. I know that there is a really old rotor on there now so I am hoping to just remove that one and replace it with the newer CM one. To those who have installed this rotor already, can you give me any advice or hints/tricks when installing it so that I run into as least problems as possible? I have an antenna tower and the actual antenna is about 3 or 4 foot above the tower (if that helps.) Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the manual and have read it several times. I am looking for some real world experiences installing it. You know, to help avoid any problems. Or is it just that easy to install? I have never installed a rotor before so I was looking for some tips/tricks to help installing. I was not looking for a step-by-step explanation, if that's what you thought.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Most people do not read the manual.

We sell hundreds of these a month and many people call us and the did not even look at the manual.

It is easy to install.

The hardest issue is running the 3 wire up to the antenna!

Jerry

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
hoops -

I installed the CM 9521A last fall, and it's not difficult at all. Couple of tips - make sure it's anchored on the mast securely (and the antenna mast is also very securely anchored to the top part of the rotor); when you install the rotor wire on the unit, double check to make sure the little "door" is sealed properly and snug (weatherproof); and make sure the rotor is oriented in the proper direction (so when you rotate it with your remote unit, it's accurate for the compass reading).

Another good idea is to anchor the mast that supports the rotor to your house (or roof) as close to the rotor as possible so it's not top-heavy in winds. Or, if you have it on a tripod mount, don't put a lot of mast between the tripod and the rotor; put more mast between the rotor and the antenna to get more height - again to minimize wind drag.

Good luck! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.