AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one has experience with the Channel Master antennaes?

CM 4251; 4228A and 4248? Which one do you prefer?

Or you just like to simply go to the good old RadShack?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I recently installed a CM3023. The CM3023 is identical to the CM4248 except it comes in two pieces so shipping charges are greatly reduced. (if you can't pick it up locally)

I installed it in my attic and have realized a 15-20% signal boost over the Silver Sensor and RS double-bowtie I had been using previously. I am approximately 30 miles from the broadcasting towers with poor line of sight yet I am able to pull in the following signal strengths:

ABC - 95-100%

NBC - 84-89%

CBS - 75-80%

PBS - 68-73% (out of state station...approximately 50 miles)

All in all a very worthwhile investment. You can see pictures of my installation here.

As with any antenna discussion please bear in mind that each situation is different. What works for me may not be appropriate for you.

If you have any specific question please feel free to ask.

Chip

[This message has been edited by chs4 (edited 07-12-2001).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by chs4:
I recently installed a CM3023. The CM3023 is identical to the CM4248 except it comes in two pieces so shipping charges are greatly reduced. (if you can't pick it up locally)

I installed it in my attic and have realized a 15-20% signal boost over the Silver Sensor and RS double-bowtie I had been using previously. I am approximately 30 miles from the broadcasting towers with poor line of sight yet I am able to pull in the following signal strengths:

ABC - 95-100%

NBC - 84-89%

CBS - 75-80%

PBS - 68-73% (out of state station...approximately 50 miles)

All in all a very worthwhile investment. You can see pictures of my installation here.

As with any antenna discussion please bear in mind that each situation is different. What works for me may not be appropriate for you.

If you have any specific question please feel free to ask.

Chip

[This message has been edited by chs4 (edited 07-12-2001).]
Chip:

Thanks for the information. I should be able to do the same. Two more questions:

1) The remote rotor unit. How do you connect the remote receiver with the rotor? Is it a separate cable or the same with TV signal?

2) When you change channels, will your rotor rotation a full 360 degrees or just sweep a certain angle?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.