AVS Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 17993 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
there are many tools what working with the TS[P] files, like VideoReDo, TSDoctor, etc - look in Internet... many of them are free SW

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Tribolet  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24456815

You posted only 8 minutes before he did.  Likely your post wasn't on his screen.  Have a little mercy.

Chuck
c'mon ... we got same question a few times last days ... no need to point to 8 min difference

the thread has the info, posted by many members many times ... if you like to help, give them other thing then kick my butt

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24456845

Have you updated your DVR+ with that flashdrive?

From CM update page:
Download the attached software, place on a USB memory stick (do not change the file name, do not place in a folder, there must not be anything else saved on the stick), insert the stick in an open USB port on the back of the DVR+.  The software will recognize the update and prompt you to confirm.
I did and did provide more hints for you guys in post#2320

I could explain the "end user" verbiage, but hope you're old enough to know why it written that way.

I'm posting from my recent relevant experience based on many years in SW development and HW R&D and IT.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24457068

there are many tools what working with the TS[P] files, like VideoReDo, TSDoctor, etc - look in Internet... many of them are free SW

Yeah, I see some tools like that. I wonder why all of my files seem to have this issue (missing sync byte). They are from different channels, programs, etc. I didn't see that issue mentioned by anyone else.

I think I'll give up for now. It looks like I'll have to get a new unit. Maybe I can access the files then.

Mark

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchana  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24456950

I was able to use DiskInternals free Linux reader to copy files to my Windows 8.1 PC, since the efr2mgr reportedly wasn't a good choice for Windows 8+. Interestingly, you could preview the .ts streams right in the GUI for the tool.

Mark,

For documentation purposes, what version of Windows are you using?  According to DiskInternals, their Linux Reader v1.9.1.0 supports only the following flavors of Windows:

Quote:
Works under Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista.

That leaves Win7 & 8 unspecified.  That said, I installed Linux Reader v1.9.1.0 in Windows 8.1 x64 and in Windows 8.1 Pro x32, and both seem to work correctly.  However, I do not have a Linux hard drive to give it a proper test.  Unlike Ext2Fsd version 0.51, which I described how to install in Windows 8 in post 1080 ( http://www.avsforum.com/t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/1050#post_24195991 ), I did not have to do anything special to get Linux Reader to install.

pachinko

·
Registered
507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24457199

Mark,

For documentation purposes, what version of Windows are you using?

I have Windows 8.1 Pro.

I may try Exd2Fsd sometime, but my PC just became the backup DVR since my DVR+ died...

Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2400#post_24456326

Seems to me (you are not the first person who got DVR+ stuck in boot stage), the K77 been designed by same ppl who made TR50 with its famous NVRAM corruption issue
i am one of these people now :(

i updated the software yesterday using the wireless.  worked fine.  we have been using our DVR+ out of the box for a week, loving it. 

today, i tried disconnecting my HDD to download the Seagate Dashboard using my desktop, and change the settings so the HDD goes to sleep and the HDD light is off. now when i plug it all back in, my DVR+ is stuck in the "gears grinding" screen.  nothing i've done (power off using the DVR+ power button, unplug DVR+, unplug both DVR+ and HDD, switch the USB ports that the wireless adapter and HDD are plugged into) has worked and the DVR+ is stuck.

i'm not a techie and i'm not sure what you mean by "K77" and "TR50"' and "NVRAM".  does that basically mean we're screwed and our DVR+ is now broken?  any help/suggestions/tips from any of the experts on this forum would be most appreciated!  CM's customer support is only on weekdays, and i'd like to try to get this resolved asap.  this was a gift for my husband's bday and i feel terrible that it looks like i might have broken it with the dashboard attempt! :(

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts

it seems like my wifi dongle isn't turning on anymore when plugged into the DVR+ (but it turns on fine when plugged into another device). the HDD seems to turn on fine in either USB port, so it doesn't seem to be the ports.  even with the wifi dongle disconnected, the DVR+ persists in the "grinding gears" screen...  :(  unfortunately i have no way to try to connect he DVR+ to an ethernet connection.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24458367

it seems like my wifi dongle isn't turning on anymore when plugged into the DVR+ (but it turns on fine when plugged into another device). the HDD seems to turn on fine in either USB port, so it doesn't seem to be the ports.  even with the wifi dongle disconnected, the DVR+ persists in the "grinding gears" screen...  
 unfortunately i have no way to try to connect he DVR+ to an ethernet connection.

Try this: unplug the DVR (remove power supply), then unplug both the HDD and the wifi dongle from the USB ports, then leave the DVR unplugged for a minute or so. Then, only give it power with nothing connected to its USB ports. Do you get past the grinding gears screen when booting up?

·
Registered
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchana  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24456950

I was able to use DiskInternals free Linux reader to copy files to my Windows 8.1 PC, since the efr2mgr reportedly wasn't a good choice for Windows 8+. Interestingly, you could preview the .ts streams right in the GUI for the tool.

That seemed to work, but when I try to use ffmpeg as above, I'm getting errors. One file seemed to convert 25+ minutes of a 30 minute program, the next only did about 4:20 min. before I started getting these errors:

"max resync size reached, coud not find sync byte"

The converted file seemed to end at that time.

Not sure what to do at this point...

Mark

I have only been using Ext2Fsd on my Windows 8 machine to copy the files from the USB drive and I have never seen that kind of error.  I have also used native Linux to copy the files but I haven't seen any difference between doing that or using Ext2Fsd on Win 8.

BTW, I have to correct what I stated on that previous post.  Using the ffmpeg command that I listed the resulting file will not play on Windows Media Player but it will play using VLC or PowerDVD or probably on a number of other video players.  I'm sure you could use a ffmpeg command to convert the file to a format that could be played on WMP but I'm not exactly sure what the proper command is.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24458597

Try this: unplug the DVR (remove power supply), then unplug both the HDD and the wifi dongle from the USB ports, then leave the DVR unplugged for a minute or so. Then, only give it power with nothing connected to its USB ports. Do you get past the grinding gears screen when booting up?
Unfortunately this did not work either.  I also tried to do the factory reset with this configuration and I'm still watching those grinding gears...  :(  

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459568

Unfortunately this did not work either.  I also tried to do the factory reset with this configuration and I'm still watching those grinding gears...  

I'm a little confused. Can you clarify what you mean by "tried to do the factory reset". When I think of Factory Reset I think of the choice in one of the menus and to be able to do that you have to get past "those grinding gears".

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459616

I'm a little confused. Can you clarify what you mean by "tried to do the factory reset". When I think of Factory Reset I think of the choice in one of the menus and to be able to do that you have to get past "those grinding gears".
Sorry for the confusion.  What I meant is that I held down the Power button till all the lights went dark and the DVR+ started up (on its own) again.  In order for it to be totally shut down at this point, I have to unplug the power to it.  

Thanks for all your brainpower!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
OK.

To clarify:

1) Factory Reset could be done through Menu only

2) Holding Power button execute HW Restart

3) Power off by disconnecting power plug doing Cold Restart

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459643

Sorry for the confusion.  What I meant is that I held down the Power button till all the lights went dark and the DVR+ started up (on its own) again.  In order for it to be totally shut down at this point, I have to unplug the power to it.  

Thanks for all your brainpower!

No problem. I call what you did "rebooting" the device. Think of it as doing a Restart on a Windows machine where the machine goes through the power up (boot) sequence.

To get back to your issue, the only suggestion I have at this point is to try the original firmware - I've not looked at the CM site to see if it's available in an archive - to see if that'll work. I know P. Smith has all publicly versions on a USB drive.

p.s. just saw P. Smith's post. I guess you could try the cold restart too. Assuming none of these work and there are no other suggestions, I'd contact CM tomorrow (which I'm sure you'd planned to do) for advice.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
it would be interesting to see:

- if previous FW version would be accepted; usually only higher number using for update

- the FW update process could start at early stage of booting

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459675

No problem. I call what you did "rebooting" the device. Think of it as doing a Restart on a Windows machine where the machine goes through the power up (boot) sequence.

To get back to your issue, the only suggestion I have at this point is to try the original firmware - I've not looked at the CM site to see if it's available in an archive - to see if that'll work. I know P. Smith has all publicly versions on a USB drive.

p.s. just saw P. Smith's post. I guess you could try the cold restart too. Assuming none of these work and there are no other suggestions, I'd contact CM tomorrow (which I'm sure you'd planned to do) for advice.
Thanks Russel and P Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459675

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459669

OK.

To clarify:

Thanks to you both!

I've tried #2 and #3 restarts multiple times without luck.  Can't do #1 since I can't get to the Menu.

I'm not sure if I want to try to install earlier firmware - again, my tech skills are novice and just trying to do the HDD dashboard seems to have screwed everything up. Unless it's really easy and intuitive for me to try older firmware, I'll probably just have to wait to speak with CM tomorrow.  But I really do appreciate all your help and quick responses!  :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2400_100#post_24459719

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459669

OK.

To clarify:

Thanks to you both!

I've tried #2 and #3 restarts multiple times without luck.  Can't do #1 since I can't get to the Menu.

I'm not sure if I want to try to install earlier firmware - again, my tech skills are novice and just trying to do the HDD dashboard seems to have screwed everything up. Unless it's really easy and intuitive for me to try older firmware, I'll probably just have to wait to speak with CM tomorrow.  But I really do appreciate all your help and quick responses!  :)

You might want to try unplugging it for half an hour and then plugging it in again.  Some devices need to be unplugged for a while to get the full benefit.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/2430#post_24459719

Thanks Russel and P Smith.

Thanks to you both!

I'm not sure if I want to try to install earlier firmware - again, my tech skills are novice and just trying to do the HDD dashboard seems to have screwed everything up. Unless it's really easy and intuitive for me to try older firmware, I'll probably just have to wait to speak with CM tomorrow.  But I really do appreciate all your help and quick responses!  

I don't see where any of you who have this problem have tried disconnecting the antenna cable. You might want to check out the DTV-PAL thread for suggestions of how to get out of the boot up loop. This sounds like the same problem that unit had and it is the same people who programed the device. It would be worth trying.

2441 - 2460 of 17993 Posts