AVS Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 17993 Posts

·
Registered
12,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reacheks  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3210#post_24634598

Have you tried (or is it possible) to connect the DVR+ to some type of "virtual" disk which is part of a NAS system?

WMC supports this via iSCSI and it works very nicely. I have (4) network tuners which travel to the PC and from the PC to the NAS for recording and then back to the PC for viewing and or other displays. With four recordings and several streaming concurrently the overhead never hits 10% of available network bandwidth. The iSCSI virtual drive is never taxed as well...

Reactions: reacheks

·
Registered
13,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3200_100#post_24634816

Your link does not work for me.
Try it again. It works for me.

·
Banned
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slprp1  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3180#post_24633099

Ditto!......or "AMEN to that!!!!" (courtesy of "mulliganman")

Really??? Sorry if you took offense to my comment. But, at some point you have to try to troubleshoot and take the suggestions people give you or more than likely everyone will put you on ignore.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3200_50#post_24634225

I wonder if the issue is the 7200rpm hard drive, since mine is a 7200rpm too? Maybe 7200rpm is too fast for the DVR+ is buffer?
In order to spin at 7200 RPM and still have the heads work right, all other things being equal (that pretty much means same generation of drive), they put proportionately less data on a track, so the data transfer rates work out to be about the same.  Plus, data is read off the disk into a memory buffer in the electronics of the card.  So that's not it.

And BTW, I see the glitches sometimes and I have a wall powered (UPS-powered actually) 3.5" hard drive on my DVR+.

And BTW2, I recently had the time get two minutes, and then six minutes slow.  Rebooting the DVR+ cleared that up.

Chuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
last night my device would not turn on from standby.....either with the remote or front button.

Unplugged the device for 1 minute.....all okay.

This happens about once a month......not heard anyone speak to this issue.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Tribolet  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3210#post_24636296

And BTW2, I recently had the time get two minutes, and then six minutes slow.  Rebooting the DVR+ cleared that up.

Chuck

Not sure how closely you've been following ... the time issues should go away with the next release of the firmware.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3210#post_24636328

Not sure how closely you've been following ... the time issues should go away with the next release of the firmware.

I recently had two issues I posted about here (post #3153). I wrote to Channel Master today and received these prompt replies (in the same e-mail):

(1) Somehow I was "upgraded" to 103R without my being aware it was happening--until I went into my settings in search of answers to my time delay.
CM reply: "I am sorry for the trouble you are having with the software 103R. I do know that it is not possible for us to download the new software onto your box. You would have to do that."

(2) The time started being six minutes slow, and I was missing 5-6 minutes at the beginning of each recording.
CM reply: "Now there has been a fix for this software that will be ready very soon [please define]. The time issue is known and we will make sure to get this taken care of as soon as possible [wiggle room]. This will take care of all the time issues that you are having."

What just happened: I tried fiddling with the ZIP code setting, but ended up leaving it the same. I also switched back and forth between Auto time and Manual setting, leaving time set to Auto. When I stopped messing about, the time was correct! Let's see if it stays that way.

Ah, the mysteries.

--DawnSun

·
Registered
235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2174  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3200_50#post_24636322

last night my device would not turn on from standby.....either with the remote or front button.

Unplugged the device for 1 minute.....all okay.

This happens about once a month......not heard anyone speak to this issue.
I've reported on this in the past.  About the same monthly frequency.

Chuck

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulliganman  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3210#post_24635967

Really??? Sorry if you took offense to my comment. But, at some point you have to try to troubleshoot and take the suggestions people give you or more than likely everyone will put you on ignore.

No offense taken.....

but..... what others (including yourself) need to realize is that:

A) This specific problem is intermittent and I frequently don't have the hours and hours that it takes to troubleshoot it.

B) Relative to A.....I've already invested many, many hours and seem to get zero credit for this on this forum (discouraging!).

C) It's a fact that these video/audio glitches have definitely occurred with a self powered EHD (several people have recently reported this). It's not an isolated incident.

D) If there was conclusive proof that these problems are related to USB powered drives,

don't you think that CM would have (at the very least) stopped recommending and selling this type of drive?

.....Just because I haven't had the time to deal with this currently and the thought of buying and returning drives doesn't exactly appeal to me (not to mention my limited budget), that's no excuse for other's here (who know who they are) to criticise and ridicule me as they have!

It's not fair, since I've invested far more time on this project (with two units, in two different locations and six different hard drives) than many others here (including perhaps the complainers)!

It's easy to sit there and delegate and/or criticize. Yes....I've been highly critical (all deservedly so) of the DVR+ but.....I've at least tried my best to help myself and others!......

Enough with the (inappropriate) complaints!

......and.....should others chose to "ignore" me, that's their loss.......as (in reality) I've been quite helpful here!

·
Banned
954 Posts
So.....Kelson.....

What's new with 106R (and especially how it relates to the aforementioned "glitchy" video and audio issues plaguing these units)?

·
Registered
507 Posts
slprp1 would you please just sit on your hands for a couple of weeks and just wait to see what develops?

Your redundant posts have even those of us who have had much more serious troubles with the DVR+ sick of seeing them.

And no, we just can't ignore your posts. Two-thirds of the rest of the posts here are specific responses to yours.

Thanks.

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3210#post_24637478

slprp1 would you please just sit on your hands for a couple of weeks and just wait to see what develops?

Your redundant posts have even those of us who have had much more serious troubles with the DVR+ sick of seeing them.

And no, we just can't ignore your posts. Two-thirds of the rest of the posts here are specific responses to yours.

Thanks.

Sorry.....I'm not quite ready to sit on my hands (while at the same time being asked to do further testing)! This represents nothing more than a complete contradiction!

I would also greatly appreciate it if you (and others here) would stop trying to stifle me.....as it's not serving any constructive purpose!......(especially when you consider that I spend most of the time having to respond to inappropriate criticisms (such as this one)!

......Speaking of inappropriate.....please.....I'm very curious......explain what you're referring to as "much more serious troubles" than trying to watch a recording (or even "live TV") and having to deal with skipped portions of video and/or audio and sudden freezes......and then being forced to to replay the same scenes over again!!......knowing full well that you have perfect reception and a perfectly good EHD!

Give me an example of what's "worse".

Thank you!

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3180#post_24631355

I've tried Lenkeng which outsources for many companies, Atlona and Monoprice(Lenkeng clone) and wasn't satisfied with any. In the end I ended up keeping a Lenkeng clone and while I'm not really satisfied with it's picture quality for the $30 I paid for it I figured it would give me options for HDMI only devices or devices that letterbox SD outputs but not HDMI outputs. My Nikon camera is one such device, while it has composite and HDMI outputs only the HDMI output is full screen 16:9, the composite output is 4:3 letterboxed

I've been told HD Fury makes a higher quality converter but no way I'm going to pay $300 for a converter to use on a $299 device

Thanks for all of your help!

The HD fury (which sounded interesting) converts HDMI to component video. That certainly complicates things (even if you had the budget for it, although the one I'm referring to is $160.00, which is not too unreasonable).

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3180#post_24632890

The glitches were already there with the original 101R.

The Youtube video with the glitches was uploaded January 20. That's before any upgrade was available.

So why is he insisting that it was after he "upgraded" to 103R?

3221 - 3240 of 17993 Posts