AVS Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 18104 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slprp1  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3510#post_24706191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman905  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3510#post_24706120

20 out of 30 reviews on Amazon.co.uk give the Echostar HDT 610R a four star or better rating:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/EchoStar-Ultra-Freeview-Digital-Recorder-Black/dp/B007ZYL5ZI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I thought that there was a newer (upgraded) version of this model?.....perhaps not.

I didn't bother reading most of the reviews but the consensus seems to be mostly positive.
.....then again, the DVR+ has received numerous positive reviews on Amazon US.....go figure!
You must have missed this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3N8SV7060XT6W/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=1&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R32VBCZIZ3A1T4

Anyone want to claim credit for the review????

·
Registered
507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3500_100#post_24706518

You must have missed this one...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3N8SV7060XT6W/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=1&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R32VBCZIZ3A1T4

Anyone want to claim credit for the review????
We all know whose style that is, with the overuse of parenthesis and the extra exclamation points. And it reads just like his posts here from the same time frame. That could be no other than slprp1 himself.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2174  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3510#post_24705233

Is the consensus factory reset permantly resolves remote lag? I hate to go thru that again.
It didn't appear to make things any different. The remote responsiveness is sometimes good, sometimes bad. Plus, now since a factory reset, everytime I turn the DVR+ on, there is no audio output on the station to which it is tuned. To get the audio back, I need to switch to another station and then back. If I turn it on BEFORE switching my TV to the HDMI input, the audio is OK. But if I turn it off then back on, audio gone. I saw this once in a while after upgrading to the latest firmware, but now it's a permanent "feature".

·
Registered
251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slprp1  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3510#post_24706224

Ditto!.....nothing seems to beat Japanese technology (in general)!

Actually.....there tend to be (multiple) updates on Sony HDTV's.....but they never seem to involve tuner related issues (at least in my experience).

That's laughable. My PS3 has received a gazzilion updates. SONY's servers were breached leaving privacy a major ongoing concern.

SONY HDTV? TV's are considered dumb products. Not unlike today's toaster oven really. Apples to Oranges... or in your case, sour grapes.

My Onkyo preamp had a few firmware updates before they got it right.

My Sony bluray player has had about 4 updates in the first 8 months of ownership.

Other Japanes products like their laptops are saddled with poor design and craftsmanship--there is no fix/update for that!

I don't have to tell you about Toyota and Mitsubishi these past few years. Horrendous!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2174  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3510#post_24705233

Is the consensus factory reset permantly resolves remote lag? I hate to go thru that again.

Depends what you mean by lag. Before 106R, there was intermittent lag. A factory reset does not solve that. However, if you were one of the post-106R users who had *really* bad lag and freezing, then a factory reset is worth a try. It worked for me. Lag is no better or worse than before 106R.

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24706673

We all know whose style that is, with the overuse of parenthesis and the extra exclamation points. And it reads just like his posts here from the same time frame. That could be no other than slprp1 himself.

Cool it with the antagonism and the misplaced, innapropriate defensiveness!

It's not your child for heaven's sakes!

.....it's just another toy!

BTW......your buddy MKS13 and you are making the wrong assumption, since that's not me!

Find something constructive to post about!!

......thank you!

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24706707

It didn't appear to make things any different. The remote responsiveness is sometimes good, sometimes bad. Plus, now since a factory reset, everytime I turn the DVR+ on, there is no audio output on the station to which it is tuned. To get the audio back, I need to switch to another station and then back. If I turn it on BEFORE switching my TV to the HDMI input, the audio is OK. But if I turn it off then back on, audio gone. I saw this once in a while after upgrading to the latest firmware, but now it's a permanent "feature".

What's going on here?......

It's beyond belief!.....are they truly testing these updates?.....or are we testing them?

......as a realist, I sincerely believe that's it's the latter!!

·
Banned
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24706975

That's laughable. My PS3 has received a gazzilion updates. SONY's servers were breached leaving privacy a major ongoing concern.

SONY HDTV? TV's are considered dumb products. Not unlike today's toaster oven really. Apples to Oranges... or in your case, sour grapes.

My Onkyo preamp had a few firmware updates before they got it right.

My Sony bluray player has had about 4 updates in the first 8 months of ownership.

Other Japanes products like their laptops are saddled with poor design and craftsmanship--there is no fix/update for that!

I don't have to tell you about Toyota and Mitsubishi these past few years. Horrendous!!!

Huh?......

Your going off on too many tangents!

This was simply a response to someone that stated that there were no updates for their Sony HDTV, when (as I stated) there likely were. Period.

.....and unlike certain products (that shall remain nameless), the Japanese (generally) do get it right....or at least try harder!

No manufacturer is perfect and problems always arise but not typically to this extent!

Besides....I'm certain that Sony (for example) isn't having their customers test updates for them!!

.....and what does Sony's server breach have to do with firmware updates (the subject at hand)?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24706975

That's laughable. ...

Nope.

You are live in a past.

Current TV sets (especially HDTV) are advancing technologically, they do use specialized video processing chip(s) - who you think will do up-scaling, de-interlacing, etc ?

I'm not talking about SMART TV with Linux OS inside full of additional applets like Netflix, Vudu, etc

You got it wrong this time

·
Registered
251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24707282

Nope.

You are live in a past.

Current TV sets (especially HDTV) are advancing technologically, they do use specialized video processing chip(s) - who you think will do up-scaling, de-interlacing, etc ?

I'm not talking about SMART TV with Linux OS inside full of additional applets like Netflix, Vudu, etc

All those processes you mentioned have fancy names but is simple stuff--all done on off-the-shelf video chips that the mfg just has to call upon. Welcome to the digital age of the 1990s.

·
Administrator
18,747 Posts

The next derogatory post in any way towards another member will earn you a vacation from all of AVS...

Reactions: sooziecue

·
Registered
235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3500_50#post_24707282

Nope.

You are live in a past.

TV sets don't have to be all that smart to run Linux.  No additional applets in my Panasonics (two of which date to before the digital cutover), but they do run Linux and there's been at least one update.

Chuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did anyone watch the video for the Amazon.co.uk EchoStar HDT 610R Ultra Slim Freeview+ HD Digital TV Recorder?

It looks to me that it has a lot of apps. Come on Channel Master.

We need some apps like Netflix, Pandora and iHeartRadio just to name a few.

Eric

·
Registered
416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24708974

Did anyone watch the video for the Amazon.co.uk EchoStar HDT 610R Ultra Slim Freeview+ HD Digital TV Recorder?

Eric
You do realize the Apps have to be authorized to be included on the DVR+. Do you really think Netflix is going to want to allow CM to include it on the DRV+ if nothing but negativity and garbage talking of the DVR+ if found. 

Why we need to honestly talk about problems with the FW, but also include some actual details about what is done right. This discussion should be accurate in all aspects, positve and negative if we hope to get more apps ever added.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24708974

Eric

It's a whole different situation in the UK. There is a joint venture with the major networks called Freeview to promote OTA services. See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(UK) and  http://www.freeview.co.uk/ When it comes to CM adding more apps to the DVR+, it probably comes down to the cost of acquiring those apps, which would be dependent on the number of units sold.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24708833

Is anyone using a universal remote with the DVR+?

Specifically with an HD LG TV.
I have a Logitech Harmony 600 that works perfectly with my Vizio TV, Roku, Yamaha receiver and DVR+.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:

Eric
I strongly recommend a ROKU box rather than waiting for apps from CM, Echostar or whoever it is that makes these things.  There's over a thousand apps and it's cheap ($99 list - less on sale and for refurbs). 

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS13  /t/1481183/channel-master-dvr-owners-thread/3540#post_24708833

I'm using a Harmony 650 with my DVR+, a DVTPal, Samsung TV, Samsung Blu-ray, and Onkyo receiver. I works great with all of these.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Quote:

If you are looking for one, the Dish 20.1 learning remote (see attached photo above) has been used by others on this thread with good results. It can be purchased brand-new from this seller for $6.75 with free shipping included. Search this thread for some specific programming instructions and tips.

3541 - 3560 of 18104 Posts