AVS Forum banner

11801 - 11820 of 18705 Posts

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I was able to watch CNN on main tv today.
That's on Sling, though; right? We're talking about the CMTV channels 201-699.

CMTV just disappeared for me too. It was there earlier today; I guess everyone's losing them when their DVR+ does its daily update :(

I hope it's just another screw-up on CM's end that will be fixed tomorrow or Tuesday; not them giving up on CMTV entirely.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Three requests for feedback:

3) Where can I find instructions to program the DVR+ remote (standard model) so that it can control the TV volume?

Thanks!
This one I can help with. Download the DVR+ Quick Start Guide here: http://support.channelmaster.com/hc...ents/200157760/DVR_Plus_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

It has the programming codes for the original remote.

BTW, it looks like the User's Guide now has codes for the new remote, so they may change the Quick Start Guide over to the new remote soon. If you still use the original remote, grab the Quick Start Guide before they have a chance to change it!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Please forgive this cross-posting, but it may save you money.

To anyone who subscribed to the new Sling TV beta feed:

Watch out!

Check your channel list to see if you have both the Fox channels and ESPN in your list. If so, that means you are subscribed to *both* Best of Everything feeds and will be billed an additional $20. Apparently Sling has a bug in their software that reinstates canceled feeds. This happened to me this week, and it happened before when I canceled the HBO feed. It was 3 months before I discovered that error.

You should have either the Fox channels or the Disney/EPSN channels in your list, not *both*! (Unless, of course, you want to pay for both.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Three requests for feedback:

2) My internet channels disappeared and when attempting to reinstall them the Activation Code screen goes away after about one second. I see others are also having this problem.
Same thing for me. Might have something to do with the CM site crashing recently. Saw that on their FB page. Their databases might be corrupted.
Ahh, so it might be systemwide then -- the missing internet channels anyways.
CMTV just disappeared for me too. It was there earlier today; I guess everyone's losing them when their DVR+ does its daily update :(

I hope it's just another screw-up on CM's end that will be fixed tomorrow or Tuesday; not them giving up on CMTV entirely.
Yep, me 2 (CMTV internet channels gone, no way to update - screen flicks off after about 1 sec). I thought it might be because I have the update URLs blocked at the router - but it seems like everyone is having this problem.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
About 35 minutes ago, CM posted the following on their facebook page:

Issues are resolved and Channel Master TV is functioning normally. Please let us know if you still have any issues. Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
915 Posts
This one I can help with. Download the DVR+ Quick Start Guide here: http://support.channelmaster.com/hc...ents/200157760/DVR_Plus_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

BTW, it looks like the User's Guide now has codes for the new remote, so they may change the Quick Start Guide over to the new remote soon. If you still use the original remote, grab the Quick Start Guide before they have a chance to change it!
That is already the Quick Start Guide for the upgraded remote, but I found the instructions for the original remote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgIEEDdHnyw

Also, pulling out the power cord and reinserting it fixed the no audio issue.

And today, I was able to go online and reactivate my Internet channels.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Can someone please explain the rationale for needing an activation code for CM TV when we are using a DVR+ which is a CM device, with CM firmware. At the very least the code should be built into the firmware.

I can't think of a reason why it should not connect seamlessly without the use of an activation if you chose to have it operational on your DVR+.

Perhaps over complicating things is why we have to wait 5-6 months for a firmware update to correct many errors!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Current DVR+ Guides

You can download the current DVR+ User Guide, Quick Start Guice, and Product Sheet PDFs, featuring the "Enhanced" remote control, CMTV, SlingTV, etc. from: HERE, or HERE (the PDFs are identical from either page). Scroll down to just above the Customer Reviews.

Download the current Quick Start Guide for the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" Remote Control from: HERE. Scroll down to just above the Customer Reviews.

The original "flat" remote control does not appear in these guides.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have never used the YouTube app on my DVR+. and last night un-hid it and signed it. Tried several times to watch a 10 minute Game of Thrones recap and after a minute or so it would just exit back to live TV. I am not sure if this is abnormal behavior for the YT app, but if not it is completely unusable.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I used it when it first came out (114R?) and it worked fine. It was a bit clunky to use, but it worked.

I'll check it again tonight; it's possible the same error we have with Sling is affecting YouTube.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts

That is already the Quick Start Guide for the upgraded remote....
:confused: Looks like the original remote to me :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Can someone please explain the rationale for needing an activation code for CM TV when we are using a DVR+ which is a CM device, with CM firmware.
They want to build a mailing list of CMTV users; hence the need to "sign up" in order to get your activation code.

Not endorsing it, but pretty much everything that's "free" on the Internet works like this. You have to give up some data about yourself to get the "free" stuff.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Did you watch the YouTube presentation quoted?
No. I programmed my remote long ago, using the Quick Start Guide instructions.
How can I upgrade to YOUR remote FOR FREE!?! :)
:confused: Upgrade? :confused: I have the original, thin, flat rectangular remote that uses CR2032 batteries. I never upgraded to the new backlit "Enhanced" remote that uses AAA batteries. But I understand some folks who purchased DVR+'s more recently did get the "Enhanced" remote with it; for instructions on that remote, use Pachinko's links:
You can download the current DVR+ User Guide, Quick Start Guice, and Product Sheet PDFs, featuring the "Enhanced" remote control, CMTV, SlingTV, etc. from: HERE, or HERE (the PDFs are identical from either page). Scroll down to just above the Customer Reviews.

Download the current Quick Start Guide for the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced" Remote Control from: HERE. Scroll down to just above the Customer Reviews.

The original "flat" remote control does not appear in these guides.
If you got the enhanced remote and want the original one instead, you could probably just ask someone who has upgraded to send you their old one.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That is already the Quick Start Guide for the upgraded remote, but I found the instructions for the original remote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgIEEDdHnyw

Also, pulling out the power cord and reinserting it fixed the no audio issue.

And today, I was able to go online and reactivate my Internet channels.
That YouTube video is not for the "original" DVR+ remote control. It's for the CM-7500XRC2 "Enhanced", peanut shaped remote control. That's the 2nd remote control offered by CM, which was optional until recently, and sometimes came with new orders a couple of months ago. Now it's what is delivered with all new orders. The original remote control is the "flat" model that uses CR2032 button batteries.

11801 - 11820 of 18705 Posts