AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the differences between the CP DA-550BID and the DA-550HHR amplifiers. My primary goal is to distrubute DirecTV signal (2 receivers), OTA (ATSC and NTSC), and possibly DVD signal. I am looking at the CP starter kit 5555BID from Worthington Dist. I just need to decide which amp to pick.

Also, would this kit integrate with a Xantech (12V 791-44) IR connecting block?

Thanks,

Dan.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This is what I learned when buying an amplifier myself a while back:

The BID version allows for signal to pass back into the cable source, i.e. to allow for cable features where you need to communicate w/ the head end. The HHR version has the same specs/performance, but does not allow signal to pass back to the source -- to avoid signal from being inadvertently output to an antenna, for example.

If you ever plan to use cable TV as a source, I'd get the BID version. If not, it doesn't really matter.

Regards

BB

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BB, thanks for the reply.

I was able to find this on CP's website...

Quote:
The DA-550BID offers a 5-42 MHz return path for bi-directional communication for use with digital cable interactive set-top boxes. The DA-550HHR is used with high performance antenna applications for off-air digital and NTSC signals.
I think I will go with the HHR amp as I will be distributing OTA digital to multiple rooms.

Dan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.