AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My silver charge and play wireless controller that I purchased last December will not connect to my Xbox via wireless connection.

The only way I can use it is by plugging it in with the charger to the Xbox.

However, I also notice that the light does not light up (the one letting you know that the controller is charging).

Any fix to this?

Would this controller still be under warranty?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have you tried using standard alkaline batteries? From the sounds of it your batteries are not charging at all. The play and charge cable only provides power to the controller/battery and nothing more so I suspect your problem is power related.

I gave up on using the rechargable batteries that come with the play and charge kit because I found they stopped charging after 6 months. I've switched to using eneloop batteries on my controllers and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanInc /forum/post/20838404

Have you tried using standard alkaline batteries? From the sounds of it your batteries are not charging at all. The play and charge cable only provides power to the controller/battery and nothing more so I suspect your problem is power related.

I gave up on using the rechargable batteries that come with the play and charge kit because I found they stopped charging after 6 months. I've switched to using eneloop batteries on my controllers and haven't looked back.

Yeah, I tried using regular batteries and I get the same thing.

Do you know if the controller would still be under warranty?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 /forum/post/20838361

My silver charge and play wireless controller that I purchased last December will not connect to my Xbox via wireless connection.

The only way I can use it is by plugging it in with the charger to the Xbox.

However, I also notice that the light does not light up (the one letting you know that the controller is charging).

Any fix to this?

Would this controller still be under warranty?

YUP, same exact thing happened to me... you are screwed, mine wouldn't even take normal batteries anymore.. i just had to throw it away... i will never buy another one again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.