AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamadr6 /forum/post/0

What is the charge time using another system that is not the playstation 3

Should be the same. Charge time is a reflection on the battery inside the device, not what's charging it.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
As posted in other threads: use your cable box if it has USB ports....or your satellite dish receiver if it has ports, since the USB's are powered and almost always turned "on".

·
Registered
127 Posts
if you have two controllers, i usually just charge the one that's depleted while using the other one.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I use the usb ports on my comcast 6412 dvr. All are powered, even when the cable box is off. So I can charge anytime, and I dont have to leave something powered.

I wired 2 mini usb cables to the back ports, then just left the ends on an empty shelf in my av cabinet. Cheap and easy!

·
Registered
630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsianMan /forum/post/0

You can actually play games on the PS3 while the controller is charging via USB (even if it is plugged into a laptop/receiver). I do that for when I want to play but forgot to charge it.

Good to know. So the controller still outputs via bluetooth when it's plugged in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It never occurred to me to use my cable box to charge my PS3 controller. Would it be a good idea leave the controller plugged into the cable box when it is not in use so that I will always have a fully charged controller or should I only re-charge when the battery is low?

·
Registered
229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflynn /forum/post/0

It never occurred to me to use my cable box to charge my PS3 controller. Would it be a good idea leave the controller plugged into the cable box when it is not in use so that I will always have a fully charged controller or should I only re-charge when the battery is low?

I wouldn't do that. Thats a no no to keep charing a fully charge battery, it will shorten the life of it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yea it works, im charging my PS3 controller on my computer as im typing this right now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I bought the Nyko Dual Charge kit and it works well too.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Impression /forum/post/0

i think its too big...

By this I'm guessing you mean the cable for the iPod is too big for the PS3 controller - and, yes, that is true.

My plan was to plug the PS3 controller's cable into the USB port on the iPod charger and the other end into the controller.

Anyone see any reason why this wouldn't work or would harm the PS3 controller?

Rob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.