AVS Forum banner

13921 - 13940 of 13977 Posts

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
WJZY Full Power?
Speaking of WJZY, apparently now they may finally be at full authorized power. They are running a promo telling folks to rescan to pull in their more powerful signal. Maybe they finally got the mask filter repaired and turned up the transmitter.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Looks like Nexstar did not renew their contract with SBN. Disappointed to hear this because WJZY has a very strong signal and WHKY is much weaker. And I do not receive WHKY at all at my location in Spartanburg County. And the local religious channel WGGS can now be problematic to receive since they moved from RF16 to RF2 after the repack. I will now have to set up a dedicated VHF antenna in the attic to pull it in. Jimmy Swaggart has good gospel music.
Sorry to hear SBN is moving rom WJZY to WHKY, as 46 has a much stronger signal and is easier to receive. Many folks apparently receive WJZY easier than WHKY, which seems weaker. But apparently Nextsar did not renew the contract with Jimmy Swaggart. I wonder if this will make room for Antenna TV on WJZY since it is now owned by Nexstar or will it stay on WCCB.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry to hear SBN is moving rom WJZY to WHKY, as 46 has a much stronger signal and is easier to receive. Many folks apparently receive WJZY easier than WHKY, which seems weaker. But apparently Nextsar did not renew the contract with Jimmy Swaggart. I wonder if this will make room for Antenna TV on WJZY since it is now owned by Nexstar or will it stay on WCCB.
It looks like they change SBN at 6am on January 1 according to the schedule. WJZY 46.3 has what looks like the Charge! schedule starting next week.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you will no longer be able to get SBN OTA, here are streaming options from their website: iOS, Android, AppleTV, Amazon Fire Stick/TV, Roku, and web. No monthly fee. SBN Now is a streaming platform that allows viewers to watch a wide variety of SonLife Broadcasting Network programs on internet-connected devices.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Don't forget SBN is also on FTA Ku band satellite SES-3, 103W,* in HD, G-19, 97W* in SD video formats.🙂

Reactions: eacalhoun

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
WJZY Full Power?
Speaking of WJZY, apparently now they may finally be at full authorized power. They are running a promo telling folks to rescan to pull in their more powerful signal. Maybe they finally got the mask filter repaired and turned up the transmitter.
My unofficial observation seems to indicate that WJZY has indeed boosted their power, as my secondary indoor antennas are now receiving a stronger signal similar to WBTV. And this would seem to correspond with their promo announcing a more powerful signal, which may be of benefit in the fringe areas. But FCC records may not have yet been updated if this is indeed the case.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Don't forget SBN is also on FTA Ku band satellite SES-3, 103W,* in HD, G-19, 97W* in SD video formats.
Speaking of FTA are there any installers left in the area? I have a 1.2m KU band dish and motor I’ve had for a year now but can’t find anyone to help with the install.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Speaking of FTA are there any installers left in the area? I have a 1.2m KU band dish and motor I’ve had for a year now but can’t find anyone to help with the install.
I have used this guy in the past. Saw him on the road several weeks ago, so he is still around.
JBL Satelite Service
Benny Litton
Claremont, NC
(828) 312-7199

Reactions: cpalmer2k and N5XZS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happy New Year! Here is an update on two of three HC2 Holdings channels.
W15EB-D now shows in the PSIP short name for all channels instead of W21CK-D. Here is the current channels:
  • 21-1 Infomercials
  • 21-2 Chedder (aspect 16:9 😲)
  • 21-3 Infomercials
  • 21-4 Infomercials
  • 21-5 Timeless TV
  • 21-6 Magnificent Movies Network (MMN)
Here is the current channel list for WVEB-LD:
  • 22-1 Timeless TV
  • 22-2 Infomercials
  • 22-3 Stadium
  • 22-4 Infomercials
  • 22-5 Shop LC
  • 22-6 Infomercials
  • 22-7 Magnificent Movies Network (MMN)
Don't know when they dropped The Country Network, but hey... another infomercial channel. Can anyone provide an update on the third channel WHEH-LD, I cannot pick-up that one.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
This is WHEH-LD's lineup according to their subchannel listing:
41.1 Azteca America
41.2 NBC LX
41.3 CRTV (Infomercials)
41.4 CRTV (Infomercials)
41.5 Timeless TV (Infomercials wrapped around public domain shows)
41.6 Binge TV (Infomercials)
41.7 Magnificent Movies Network (Infomercials wrapped around public domain movies)

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
It looks like they change SBN at 6am on January 1 according to the schedule. WJZY 46.3 has what looks like the Charge! schedule starting next week.

They are still running SBN on 46.3 as of Saturday night, They have not yet pulled the plug. But Donnie Swaggart did announce on Frances and Friends that they were moving to WHKY and told folks to rescan, But they have not yet flipped the switch. Wish they were not moving as they will be losing signal coverage but I guess the contract ran out and Nexstar raised the rate or did not renew.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are still running SBN on 46.3 as of Saturday night, They have not yet pulled the plug. But Donnie Swaggart did announce on Frances and Friends that they were moving to WHKY and told folks to rescan, But they have not yet flipped the switch. Wish they were not moving as they will be losing signal coverage but I guess the contract ran out and Nexstar raised the rate or did not renew.
While I personally do not care for SBN, I am annoyed that I'm unable to pickup WHKY in Steele Creek, despite being all green in the FCC DTV Reception Maps. I notice they have two towers, I wonder if they are canceling each other out where I'm at.

·
Registered
562 Posts
While I personally do not care for SBN, I am annoyed that I'm unable to pickup WHKY in Steele Creek, despite being all green in the FCC DTV Reception Maps. I notice they have two towers, I wonder if they are canceling each other out where I'm at.
If it works the same as an FM synchronous booster, yes you can experience interference within any signal overlap - i.e., overlap of signal between the main transmitter and the booster. The interference is specifically multipath and the receiver doesn't know which signal to decode. The real engineers here can elaborate or dispute my description...I only spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express 😁

·
Registered
959 Posts
So far, the only area with ATSC 3.0 broadcasts in the Carolinas is Raleigh. They are just rebroadcasting the 1.0 channels. It is still early days for ATSC 3.0.
This is my understanding too. No 4k content (programming) at this time and probably will not be any 4k content for a while. They are simply rebroadcasting the 1.0 channels over atsc3. Still, I am glad to see atsc3 has finally reached the Carolinas, albeit with a number of bugs at this time as per the Raleigh forum.

13921 - 13940 of 13977 Posts