AVS Forum banner

13941 - 13960 of 13977 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
They are still running SBN on 46.3 as of Saturday night, They have not yet pulled the plug. But Donnie Swaggart did announce on Frances and Friends that they were moving to WHKY and told folks to rescan, But they have not yet flipped the switch. Wish they were not moving as they will be losing signal coverage but I guess the contract ran out and Nexstar raised the rate or did not renew.
I'm not sure how long WJZY will go broadcasting SBN on 46.3. The two guides I use don't agree with each other. Schedules Direct guide has it stopping on 1/5 but the PSIP data shows SBN continuing to broadcast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my understanding too. No 4k content (programming) at this time and probably will not be any 4k content for a while. They are simply rebroadcasting the 1.0 channels over atsc3. Still, I am glad to see atsc3 has finally reached the Carolinas, albeit with a number of bugs at this time as per the Raleigh forum.
The difference though appears to be 1080p instead of 1080i, for the channels that broadcasted at that resolution.

·
Registered
955 Posts
ATSC 3.0 is coming to Charlotte. I will have more details when I can release it.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
ATSC 3.0 is coming to Charlotte. I will have more details when I can release it.

[/QUOTE
Looking forward to details when they are available and what stations will participate, and how they will channel share. But meanwhile is the Silicon Dust 4K tuner still available for purchase, or any other options for ATSC 3.0 tuners out there yet?

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
WJZY dropped SBN this morning. Current scan-

Well this is disappointing. And SBN will lose coverage area. So I guess it is up to the attic to add a VHF antenna for WGGS. Right now my current set up gets all major channels except 16-WGGS, and 13-WLOS. My current VHF antenna gets WSPA, WNTV. and WSOC-CR. I will add an A/B switch to add on RF2 and RF13 which require more strategic placement and precise positioning. WGGS was easier to receive before it moved from RF16 to RF2.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SBN is on WHKY (if near enough), wonder if WHKY will keep Charge now that it's on another channel.

I think HDhomeRun is the only one still, people are having audio issues on 3.0 channels, from what I've read on kickstarter and homeurn forums, as it uses AC-4. Seems like it works on some apps, but not others that are not up to date with handling AC-4... In some cases, an update may cause issues in previous working apps...still consider it in beta. Check out the HDhomeRun forums.

They haven't mentioned when they will have them back in stock, maybe they are wanting to fix issues first with feedback from kickstarters.

·
Registered
327 Posts
SBN is on WHKY (if near enough), wonder if WHKY will keep Charge now that it's on another channel.

I think HDhomeRun is the only one still, people are having audio issues on 3.0 channels, from what I've read on kickstarter and homeurn forums, as it uses AC-4. Seems like it works on some apps, but not others that are not up to date with handling AC-4... In some cases, an update may cause issues in previous working apps...still consider it in beta. Check out the HDhomeRun forums.

They haven't mentioned when they will have them back in stock, maybe they are wanting to fix issues first with feedback from kickstarters.
ZapperBox is the only other one I've seen but it's not shipping yet. It has a HDMI output. Reserve Your ZapperBox M1 Now
Channels DVR and NextPVR seem to have made progress with AC-4 but it's still new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked Charge! website and they list only 46.3; when I checked WHKY website, they list TBD for 14.4.

Of course, cannot confirm because I cannot pick-up WHKY, but can assume it's probably happening this week if not today already.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I checked Charge! website and they list only 46.3; when I checked WHKY website, they list TBD for 14.4.

Of course, cannot confirm because I cannot pick-up WHKY, but can assume it's probably happening this week if not today already.
Charge! website still shows 14.4 if you put a zip code local to the Hickory area. The PSIP data for Charge! on 14.4 goes out to 1/10 and the Schedules Direct data goes to 1/19.
They could switch earlier, the guide data isn't always a good predictor of channel changes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Charge! has now been dropped from WHKY 14.4 - as of this writing (1:31pm), I'm seeing Fail and animal videos with a "TBD." logo in lower right - yes, there's a period after the D. Not sure if this a program or channel logo. Or does it stand for "To Be Determined"?!?!

·
Registered
17,407 Posts

- Trip

Reactions: eacalhoun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I don't mean to hijack the WJZY/ATSC 3.0 thread (just PM message me and/or delete the post-I'm just looking for verification of my scan results), but I'm seeing some seriously weird things after the repack last year. I can only occasionally find WTVI on 9.3 and 9.4 and WSPA (Greenville) is showing up on 42's old channel. I can get everything out to WUNL to the West, WFBC/WSPA to the South and occasionally WXII to the East. WHKY is tricky because it's almost due North and my rotor is 22 years old and its "0" degrees stop point's not what it used to be. Am I missing something? Are they operating at reduced power? Wassup with that, anyway? Like HKY, I'm more interested in being able to reliably GET WTVI than I am wishing to watch its content, but there are occasional programs that can be interesting from both stations. TIA, and sorry for the interruption...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I don't mean to hijack the WJZY/ATSC 3.0 thread (just PM message me and/or delete the post-I'm just looking for verification of my scan results), but I'm seeing some seriously weird things after the repack last year. I can only occasionally find WTVI on 9.3 and 9.4 and WSPA (Greenville) is showing up on 42's old channel. I can get everything out to WUNL to the West, WFBC/WSPA to the South and occasionally WXII to the East. WHKY is tricky because it's almost due North and my rotor is 22 years old and its "0" degrees stop point's not what it used to be. Am I missing something? Are they operating at reduced power? Wassup with that, anyway? Like HKY, I'm more interested in being able to reliably GET WTVI than I am wishing to watch its content, but there are occasional programs that can be interesting from both stations. TIA, and sorry for the interruption...
WTVI is broadcasting on channel 9 now, using PSIP to show channel 42 on television.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Is this a Tablo or WBTV issue? I had a Channel Master DVR+ that was getting glitchy - thank you (insert sarcasm HERE) Channel Master for dropping support for this model. I now have a Tablo DVR - the newer one that has an HDMI connection between tuner and TV. I am very happy as the Tablo seems to have a better tuner and very nice features. The only issue is the way WBTV Ch 3-3 CircleTV displays - a "narrower" letterbox and annoyingly "stretchy" from top to bottom. While Circle's PQ is rather sharp, I'd rather sacrifice some PQ to get a more square or rectangular pic. My other 30-plus subchannels (including the other WBTV sub-channels) display wonderfully with great PQ vs the DVR+. Comparison screen shots are attached of how Circle displays and how AntennaTV displays. Note the picture width based on the displayed DVR timeline at the bottom of screen. So - again - a WBTV or Tablo issue? Thanks, y'all.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is this a Tablo or WBTV issue? I had a Channel Master DVR+ that was getting glitchy - thank you (insert sarcasm HERE) Channel Master for dropping support for this model. I now have a Tablo DVR - the newer one that has an HDMI connection between tuner and TV. I am very happy as the Tablo seems to have a better tuner and very nice features. The only issue is the way WBTV Ch 3-3 CircleTV displays - a "narrower" letterbox and annoyingly "stretchy" from top to bottom. While Circle's PQ is rather sharp, I'd rather sacrifice some PQ to get a more square or rectangular pic. My other 30-plus subchannels (including the other WBTV sub-channels) display wonderfully with great PQ vs the DVR+. Comparison screen shots are attached of how Circle displays and how AntennaTV displays. Note the picture width based on the displayed DVR timeline at the bottom of screen. So - again - a WBTV or Tablo issue? Thanks, y'all.
Circle hasn't been right for me since they starred broadcasting on 3.3. I think I emailed WBTV one time about it but didn't get a reply. I just stretch it out to 16:9 in Kodi when watching Hee Haw.:D I'm not sure about the Tablo, never had one.

13941 - 13960 of 13977 Posts