AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have looked and found nothing really on the CHT CS10.2 sub they offer. I have also looked at just about every other thread on subs and need some advice.

Situation: Current setup is an old Velodyne CT12 (or something like that) and a recently purchased Emotive Ultra 12. Both are in the back corners of my room as its the only place i could get what feels like some impact. As you see, one is a sealed sub (the Emotiva) and the Velo is ported...kinda gives me a blend and i can turn off the velo when listening to music.

Room: Framed in one side of my garage to make an approx. 12x19x8 room, have some DIY room treatments, double sheetrocked, and pretty sealed.

Current Speakers: PSB Image T65 and B25 for rears along with the C60 matching center...i like it loud.

So to that point, i feel like i am lacking in the sub department. I want some room shaking (which what i have now does a little), feel it in your chest, clothing, etc...kinda bass. I want people to say holy crap and then i tell them thats only half of what it can do.

So, i was looking at getting a set of the CHT CS10.2 being they are only 400 each...that would give me four 10's working in the room. But my question then becomes, would i get more of what i am looking for by going with something like a single ED 15, or a CS18.1 or .2 or an Epic Empire??

Basically i have 800-1000 to spend now, but i need to make this the last one lol. I love my current speakers (the PSB) i just want more BOOM!!! LOL.

Thanks guys...and gals out there.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
For a sealed room like you have and wanting to feel it in your chest and cloths, I would get something that will give good midbass and low output. As we are ever expanding our setups, and two subs is better than one, I would get an 18.1 for now and then add a passive later on. You get the amp for the first one and then hook up the second sub to it once funds permit. I think this is one of the best stereo sub setups for the price for a small to medium sealed room for someone who likes loud movies and music. Even better option when someone can't get what they want all at once and can add the second passive later at around half of the cost for the first one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts