AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone do a test for me and let me know the results.

Anyone with a LT150 or LT155 or at least any DLP or LCD projector that is equivalent.

Play the chase seen in The Rock. Where the back grounds are gray with a bright Yellow Ferrari moving fast. Where the camera is panning and scanning a cross the screen and let me know if the DLP or LCD shows any kind of problems. Or if you have both which one looks better and can keep up with camera.

Can't decide which one to get DLP or LCD. I read there limitation but haven't found out about there panning and scanning capabilities.

There is know where to demo these units in the Bay Area(SF). Unless someone knows where I can demo these units, would be great.

Thank you for you time in doing the test.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Tim. I have a NEC LT150. Played the scene you requested from The Rock. Looks great - no problems whatsoever. OBTW I was using the Criterion Collection version of the movie.

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just watched the movie last night on my LP340 (DLP) with Skyworth 1050P PDVD driving it, no problem with the Ferrari scene, very smooth.

------------------

Jaz

Singapore

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That's one of my favorite scenes! Played it again on my Sharp LCD 1024x768 using my HTPC. Looks smooth as ever. No artifacts whatsoever. Boy, there sure are some shaky camera movements in there!

BTW, my DVD is the original non-anamorphic.

Carey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.