AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Better still, the studio (with Miramax) has set Kevin Smith's Chasing Amy for Blu-ray release on 11/17 (SRP $39.99) including over 4 hours of new BD exclusive content. Also coming to Blu-ray that day is Smith's Clerks (SRP $39.99), including 90 minutes of new content. You'll also be able to buy both titles, along with Smith's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on Blu-ray, in the Kevin Smith 3-Movie Collection (SRP $89.99). "

http://http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Awesome!! I know the video quality on these two wont be the greatest (especially clerks) since the way they were shot, but I love Kevin Smith and Chasing Amy is my favorite of his.

Stoked about the extra content as well. Viewaskew always goes all out for their releases.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, clerks will be pretty pointless on Blu. Main reason I'm excited is because I sold my Clerks X dvd without thinking with the rest of my collection. So hopefully they will duplicate those extras.

Chasing Amy should be a deluxe edition like they did with clerks and mallrats.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Some funny comments in this article: http://www.dvdtown.com/news/clerks-a...m-miramax/6929

Perhaps he could film an introduction for Clerks, mocking those of us who buy it.

I wonder what the additional material there will be. Clerks X seemed pretty thorough...

OP link includes two "http"s BTW.

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babrown92 /forum/post/17016019

Yeah, clerks will be pretty pointless on Blu. Main reason I'm excited is because I sold my Clerks X dvd without thinking with the rest of my collection. So hopefully they will duplicate those extras.

I think if your into the film experience as I am clerks will be a improvement over the dvd yes a 16mm film transferred to 1080p will show tons of film grain but that's the point I saw clerks on film and can't wait to relive that experience

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babrown92 /forum/post/17016019

this may actually be the delayed 10th anniversary edition that Kevin Smith held a panel for during the Los Angeles Vulgarthon a few years back.. It reunited all the cast members and they fielded Q&A from the audience...And now that i think back to going to that event, a lot of people should have their questions approved before they're allowed to be asked...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
$40 for an older catalog title that's been on dvd for quite some time now?
Good thing I still have my HD-DVD player and can probably pick up Clerks somewhere for under $10..

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I bet Clerks will still look better on Blu-ray than a DVD. I saw it on hi-def satellite a few years ago and it looked pretty decent.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts

Quote:
Clerks is coming to Blu-ray to celebrate its 15th anniversary and will include 90 minutes of all-new bonus features - which could potentially mostly be a new commentary track - along with an addition 4.5 hours of features most likely culled from the previous release. It will also include an embossed O-Sleeve.

Chasing Amy includes over four hours of new Blu-ray exclusive bonus features that per Kevin Smith's Tweets includes a new commentary track that will be similar to a SModCast. Oddly enough the set is not currently scheduled to include O-Sleeve packaging.
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/First_...n_Blu-ray/5537

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 /forum/post/17017407

Good thing I still have my HD-DVD player and can probably pick up Clerks somewhere for under $10..

Oh hey! It's an outdated HD-DVD troll! Looks how he compares MSRP to street prices for a dead format!

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:

Why would you need an HD DVD player to buy Clerks on DVD?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Smith said that the new feature on CLERKS. will be the OH, WHAT A LOVELY TEA PARTY documentary that was supposed to be on the JASBSB DVD back in the day.

The CHASING AMY disc is supposed to have the Q&A they did for the 10th anniversary, a commentary with Smith and Scott Mosier, and another commentary with Smith and Joey Lauren Adams.

While it's true that Smith has said he thinks it's pointless to release CLERKS. on BD, he's also said that he can't wait to see how it looks on his massive TV. I think that Smith would be the first to admit that he's not the most technically astute individual on the planet, and I think it's quite obvious that this movie will look substantially better on BD.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Clerks won't ever look super-clear-sharp in HD, and that will likely piss a bunch of people off... but it should look a lot better than the DVD.

I'll wait and see if anyone does a bundle on all the available Smith on Blu films at some point, though, as I've watched them all a bunch of times and can wait for the prices to settle a bit.

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:

you pay retail?? for a kevin smith fan aka me $27 is well worth it.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/17023203

I'll wait and see if anyone does a bundle on all the available Smith on Blu films at some point

That would take Disney/Miramax, Universal, Columbia/TriStar, and The Weinstein Company all banding together to create one boxed set. In other words... it'll never happen, so don't hold your breath.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts