AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is already a Chattanooga HDTV thread, but it seems to be mainly people tweaking their cable or sat feeds. I thought an over the air thread was needed. I live just on the GA/TN line between Dalton and Cleveland in the Cohutta area. After experimenting with several indoor antennas I got an Aspen Eagle (DB2 knockoff) that I am happy with. Hooked up to a Zenith 901 I am receiving 24 digital channels. I get all the digital signals from from Chattanooga including WRCB, WTVC, WDEF, WFLI, WDSI, and WTCI. I also pick up the Georgia PBS station from Chatsworth, ION-TV from Rome and the Trinity stations licensed to Dalton. I saw this article in the Times Free Press today that gives me hope I might be able to pick up some Atlanta stations after the digital switch over in February.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...hannels/?local

I would be interested in hearing from someone who is picking up Atlanta stations in Northwest Georgia and hear what type of set up they are using. Check out this article. It has some good maps posted at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi,

Well I cannot help you here. I have recently moved in Chattanooga area and I am looking to hook up my plasma (ATSC) to receive OTA digital channels. I live Hamilton mall area. I was wondering if you can tell me what other antennas yo have tried? And can you please give me a link for Aspen Eagle antenna (indoor ?) that you have mentioned in your post?

If I am successful in getting any OTA digital channel I'd post it here.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the Aspen off of Amazon. The only catch is I've learned ABC and CBS will being going back to their high VHF frequencies after the switch. ABC will be on Channel 9 and CBS on Channel 12. I'm not sure how the Aspen will perform on those channels, although I currently pick up NBC on Channel 13 with the Aspen. I have also used a Zenith Silver Sensor that worked OK, but it is a UHF only antenna.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in North Cleveland and pick up all of the Chattanooga digitals as well as channel 20.1 in Knoxville. Sometimes I receive GPTV (18.1, 18.2 and 18.3) I can not pick up 14.1 from Rome. This is using an inexpensive directional outdoor mounted Phillips antenna bought at Walmart. Sometimes I have signal dropout on channel 45.1.

I have been seriously thinking about buying the Antennas Direct DB8 UHF HDTV Antenna (DB8) antenna which has a 70 mile range and 15.8 db gain. Has anyone else in Cleveland tried a really good outside antenna and had any luck with the Knoxville stations? The FCC Database shows most all of the Knoxville channels with a Bradley County footprint after the digital switch-over.

I know a guy that lives near the Keith Street Post Office and he receives channel 7.1 digital (WMAK) from Knoxville.

Does anyone in Bradley County receive any digital stations from the Atlanta area? Would love to hear from everyone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I first got my Zenith converter box I could pick up the Knoxvill NBC and Fox stations at night. I couldn't pick up the signal during the day. WFLI has gone fully digital now and I haven't seen any drop off. I wonder if the other Chattanooga stations will follow suit next week.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman566 /forum/post/15479479

I know there is already a Chattanooga HDTV thread, but it seems to be mainly people tweaking their cable or sat feeds.

Although your local topic may be mostly about Cable or DBS, Chattanooga is not that large of a market to need more than one local topic.

Feel free to post in the existing local topic. I'm going to copy and move these topics there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.