AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, but I thought that XP will support 2 video cards, one for each monitor. Has anyone tried using 2 video cards?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I tried multiple monitors with a cruddy lcd panel that I got from work before it was trashed. I haven't given up on it, but I had hassles trying to get happy with the desktop and how programs displayed. The primary adapter was hooked to my crt projector, and it wouldn't work with zoom filters with the crt as the secondary monitor. With the crt as primary monitor, programs want to pop up on the primary monitor even though the taskbar was moved to the secondary monitor. I don't know if there's a workaround or not, but that's what I saw.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hell, I'd like one of these just as a test bench monitor.

If someone gets one, it might be interesting to find out if the *only* reason for the proprietary video card requirement is because it feeds power to the unit through one of the HD-15 pins. If so, it would be fairly easy to cobble an adapter that takes a standard video HD-15 jack and a small 'wall wart' transformer...

If a pinout diagram comes with the unit, I'd surely like to see it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.