AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, yes, I know it's cheaping out, I know that there are 8 zillion better subs if only I spend the extra ~$150 for the STF-2, etc. Not news; but the above is the budget I have to work with, so that's what it's going to be. This is being used rather close, and since it's NYC, there will likely never be a "big" room. I'm somewhat more concerned about music than movies, though of course supporting the latter is never really bad. Standard 80hz crossover would be used, in general.

The subs I've been seeing in this range are:

*Velodyne VX-10

*BIC H-100

*Onix X-sub

*Infinity S8

*Infinity LF100 (I'm aware that that's an older model)

*Energy 10.2 (that's about $220)

Overall, what is everyone's opinion?

Also, for an apartment, would it be better to go with, say, one of the cheaper ones (VX-10 or LF100) and add a subdude to prevent reverb and presumably annoy the neighbors somewhat less, or to go for a more expensive sub? Or is the answer, as usual, do both?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd be interested in responses here too. I am not in an apartment, but in a small Cape and my living room is the theater as well. I need to work with a small, odd space of 10x25.

I am debating between the VX-10, the Mirage LF100, and what will be on deep discount this Friday night at my local and soon-to-close Cambridge Soundworks.

I've looked through the archives and it seems both the VX-10 and the LF100 are good choices for smaller spaces and wallets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.