AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to buy a Pixelview tuner card, mainly because it has the bt878 chipset on it for use with dScaler.

The card comes with an IR remote control, is this remote of any use other than for the tuner card??

I want to control my pc via IR for winamp, powerdvd, media player and so on using a Philips Pronto - could I use the IR input to the pc on the tuner card for this function?

Would Girder work with this IR input??

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would like to know the answer to this also.

Is there an app like dscaler perhaps that will just detect and IR IC and let you use/configure it without drivers?

·
Registered
229 Posts
You are both looking for a program called bRemote. A great piece of software made just for using TV card remotes to control Windows. Has a very powerful scripting language to write macros to do basically anything and yes the pixelview card is supported (I have one). Is really good....can launch and kill apps, fullscreen, sound, whatever there is a shortcut key for, and can control the mouse with a buttons too.

http://www.borgtech.org/bremote/

Andrew

·
Registered
28 Posts
you wonderful person.

just realised my remote and cord are in shipping :(

sounds excellent though

will post with sucess as shipping due soon :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Girder also has support for the pixelview pro play TV and the winfast 2000 bt8x8 cards. These are both based on the dscaler libs so other cards can be supported. ( albeit not by me ;-) )

·
Registered
57 Posts
The developer of the Girder plugin for IR remotes on Leadtek (BT878) cards has posted a compatibility update for Girder 3.2

http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopi...hlight=leadtek

I just got my Leadtek today and I've now got IR working fine in Girder. People seem to think that this plugin will work for pretty much all of the BT878 (eg Hauppauge WinTV) cards too although I can't vouch for it.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.