AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FEATURES: Watch TV on computer display Resizeable TV window from icon size to full screen; mute function 181 Channel Cable ready TV tuner function; closed caption 16-Channel preview function; Auto-Scan tuning of Broadcast & Cable TV channels No VGA loop-back cable required; High Bandwith PCI 2.1 Bus Mastering with Plug & Play capabilities Supports color & picture adjustments Video source & video standard selection Stereo Audio input & output; Supports NTSC/ PAL video input Full function remote control with batteries.

Image/ Video Capture: AVI Compatible; YUV 4:2:4 qulity with RGB 32,24,15 format Supports Coax, Composite, S-Video & Phillips Camera Input Full Screen (up to 640x480) Capture Capability

Internet/ Point-to-Point Video Phone Application Compatible with Microsoft NetMeeting & supports H.324 standard Sound card, Modem & Camcorder or desktop camera required

Specifications: Input Signal: 75 Ohm Coaxial TV antenna input; S-Video input; Composite (RCA) video input; Remote sensor; Philips Camera input (CVBS) Output Signal: Audio output (Loop to Sound Card)

Conexant Bt878KHF chip.

http://store.yahoo.com/akidacomputer/uncon3.html

Was $30 yesterday, now $35.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not too shabby. Going to move it to my main HTPC and try it out for image quality. Nice GUI, easy to use. Working fine with Dscaler. Anyone else try this cheapo card?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have 2 of those cards, both had different brand names on them but they are the same card. I was hoping to use them with DScaler for s video capture to scale DirectTV and Laserdisc etc. They work fine with DScaler and the tuners work pretty good BUT, they have so much noise in the video, both with the tuner and s-video that they were unwatchable on a bigscreen. They don't look to bad on a small puter monitor but on a bigscreen there is lots of herringbone noise patterns in the video. The boards just are not shielded well and I tried all sorts of things to make them usable and finally gave up. I bought a MyHD card and its 100 times better!! No noise in the video and an excellent tuner, even for analog broadcasts. It was worth the extra money and you get DTV also!!

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.