AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 20 bucks and a hour of work...........

There are lots of variants of this on youtube.

I just built a floor to ceiling one and soo far it is great !!!!!!

Loading 700 plus movies in alphabetic order takes way longer than building the shelf...LOL....:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Observations from having this for almost a year now...…..

Still working excellent and with only 2 screws holding at the top super low room impact.

Problems or things I would do different,...all completely my fault,.....its a huge sound reflector, it made a difference in the room for sure as it is a very reflective surface. So be careful with placement.

Same issue with reflectivity due to light...….hundreds of shiney surfaces all in one spot made a difference in my blacked out room, both on screen and out of the corner of my eye...….once again be careful with location.

Would I build another one....YES and I plan on it already......there is no other solution as cheap and easy out there...….just be careful where you put it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's a great solution. It's actually better than conventional shelves cause the discs will stay upright even if the shelf is only partially full.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still working perfectly, although its been full for a long time, no sagging, no problems at all.....nothing I would change when I build my new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts