AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this or not, but, I have a request. I just bought a lake cabin that sits out in the boonies. It is close enough that I can get some of the FM radio stations from adjacent cities, but the ones I like are either very lightly received, or full of static. Is there some kind of antenna amplifier I could hook up that would bring these stations in better? I don't want to spend a fortune on super high tech equipment, as the issue isn't that big to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Did you go to www.antennaweb.org to see the direction of VHF (FM is between channels 6 and 7) stations and their antenna recommendations for your location? If you have a lousy antenna and amplify a lousy signal that's not going to be a good thing. Mounting a good outdoor antenna would likely be best. Putting it in the attic would lose about 25-30% of the signal. There may be useful info here http://www.fanfare.com/antenna.html as well as other antenna manuf. sites like channelmaster.com, winegard.com, etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Agreed - an outdoor antenna on your roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.