AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a front projector that I might find for a cheap price, say around $1000 maybe? It doesn't have to be new for that price, used will be fine. I would like to be able to connect a PC to it though, and also a DVD player. VGA, S-Video and Component Video inputs are a plus, though I don't expect them on a $1000 unit. I would like it to be able to do 1024x768 though. Picture quality is probably my last consideration, as long as it is decent. The cheaper the better though. Any input is appreciated. :)

-Austin

·
Registered
162 Posts
You may want to consider either a CRT, a used davis if you can find it for arround 600$ or save 350$ more and go with the AE100. I am of course biased, but I do not like the second hand digital projector market at this time. Too many problems, very delicate machines with big repair bills and expensive bulbs. The AE is really a steal at its price point.

If you decide to go the CRT route you will suffer a little more, but you will learn everything you ever want to know about projectors on the way and end up with an incredible home theater experience. ymmv

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.