AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they have a bunch of cheap HDMI to HDMI Cables on Ebay. I can get a 15 foot cable for about $20 which includes shipping. Is buying the $150 or more fancy HDMI cable from some retail store really necessary?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I compared 25' HDMI cables from monoprice and Ultralink and couldn't see any notable differences in the picture. Matter of fact, the monoprice cable was much thicker than the Ultralink.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Brian, those Monoprice look very very inexpensive. { i was hoping to find a HDMI for a good price) but they seem lower priced -by alot- over any others. Do you know why??

thanks for the lead.

db

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I don't want to spend $100+ for a 25-35 foot HDMI cable if I don't have to. It is my opinion that when the signal is digital, the ability to combat current loss over long runs is more important than the sheilding. If the current drops too much, the cable will simply not work. Digital signals are much more tolerant of interference than analog signals. So, a spec like wire guage would be more important. That's partly why the 22 AWG HDMI at Monoprice costs more than the 24 AWG. I suppose the fact that it takes more copper to make it might matter but it's probably not much more than a penny or two.

Jeff

·
Registered
107 Posts
i just received a 50' DVI cable from blue jeans cable. it was $80 shipped to my door. i know you are looking for an HDMI cable, and they sell these too. the build quality of the cable is better than i had expected considering the price. the cable is no less than 1/2" thick and the connectors are top notch

·
Registered
158 Posts
I paid $45 for the Monoprice HDMI 35' shipped. If it doesn't work, it's going back ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one 16' HDMI connected through an inline coupler to a 16' HDMI-DVI, running 1080i from SA8300 cable box to ceiling mounted Optoma 739 projector, picture is spectacular! Paid $24 each for the cables, gold connectors, made by Tripp Lite. Perfect signal. Love it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.