AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Wiz yesterday buying the Moulin Rouge soundtrack (loved the movie and can't wait for it to come to HD) and I decided to look at all the sets they had to see if they expanded. They had a lot more sets, and a LOT of them appeared to be on either a large sale or a clearance, but there were large 50-60" Toshiba, and I think pioneer or panasonics for betweeen 2300-2800. I think the 46" Mitsubishi was under $2000. This was in downtown Brooklyn, I don't know if every Wiz is doing it or just them.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lots of deals these days... Here in Milwaukee, American TV is advertising a 52" RCA set, an RCA DTC100, the oval dish and installation ALL for $1999.

Was in Best Buy yesterday and saw several flat screens and smaller projection sets between $1500 and $1700.

Still a bit pricey for Joe six-pack, but the price drop has to start somewhere/sometime...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Now if we could some how convince the manufactorers to aggressively drop prices on the decoder STB. All of them are over thousands dollars, with the exception of the RCA-DTC100($549) and I believe the Ecostar model($650).

Far too often people are just buying the HDTV but decide they rather wait for the prices to drop on the STB.

A lot of stores do not carry the two model that I just mentioned.The ones many store do tend to carry are the more expensive models like Panasonic and Mitsubishi models.

It is one thing to buy a HDTV, but another all together to buy a STB.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I just got a mailer from Onecall which has the new Panasonic PT47WX49 for $1899 delivered. I am not sure if this is a good price but considering that many online places charge $200-$300 for delivery it isn't too shabby a deal.

Dino

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.