AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post my setup, since I've seen the question come up before. I need to switch between the rgbhv output of my faroujda & the HD output of the RCA DTC 100. I'm using a Belkin Omnicube KMV switch. It has a video bandwidth of 180 Mhz, should easily handle 1080i, 720p, should even go up to 1080p (its rated to 1600x1200). Sells for less than $100.

To control the switch remotely, you could plug in the receiver of an IR keyboard into the keyboard input. Then, program your remote to learn the key sequence for switching inputs (In the case of the belkin, its "scroll lock" twice followed by "1" or "2"). I haven't tried the remote control yet, so its posiible it won't work. If people care I could post my results.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The price is right. I have an Extron switcher which cost several hundred. Of course it does more for the money...it auto switches. I found that it only performs this feature if you use all five leads. If you try to auto switch component (three leads), you have to place the unit in the manual mode. Where did you purchase your switcher? I may want to use it for selecting component inputs via my Pronto.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine from pc connection, paid a bit more for it but ordered it midnight and it came next day

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the omnicube can also be set to auto-sense, but I think as you found it can be a bit of a pain (for me, its easier to keep the dtc 100 & faroujda on all the time & switch when needed).

·
Registered
227 Posts

This works great for switching RGBHV to my Panasonic plasma. thanks for the great tip! Life just gets better and better :^)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was trying a Belkin KVM switch, but could not get it to switch both ways... The DTC-100 does not provide "termination" for the keyboard and mouse ports.

So have you guys found a way around that problem? If so I would be willing to try one again.

Thanks,

Bert

------------------

STOP DFAST!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.