AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at home theater seating for some time now, and I keep getting torn between some really nice Berklines and what I see listed by a couple of vendors on eBay. The dealmaker is the price - the eBay ones are about half of what I'd go into a furniture store and pay. However, not sitting in these or being able to check them out just flat scares me. I've bought everything in my theater from eBay and had good results thusfar, but this just makes me too nervous! Have any of you had any experience with these inexpensive seats? Some photos from the web pages are attached. Please help - any insight would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm looking at the two seat thearter seats, they look like the same company. I read the feedback a guy left on a set and he said they looked better in person. I wrote him and asked him how he liked them, still waiting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Sax-

I've sent e-mails to about 15 people who bought the seats from two different dealers on eBay back in October. So far all have been very positive. Let's hope someone here who has a set at home can give us a good review. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those look like the Coaster Studio chairs. You will find a lot of info on them here if you search under Coaster or Studio. I just received mine after buying through the powerbuy here on AVS. I really like them but havent much time to do a review of them.

Check here - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=765249

http://www.htauthority.com - is their website. Great communication and service.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would be very wary of buying seats from Ebay, although I don't know which seller you are referring to. I bought 2 rows of 3 coaster Directors. Sounded too good to be true, and was. The store had great feedback, and they were very good at communicating. To cut a long story short they took my money immediately but I only received my seats nearly 5 months after ordering them, and was one of the last customers to receive seats before the company went bust, and left a lot of people out of thousands of dollars. Add to that the fact I now have no customer support should I need it. If I were to do it over I would choose a seat that I liked, and wait for a power buy from one of the sellers on this forum. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.