AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experience with
www.projectorlampsworld.com ?

I need a new lamp for a PT-AE4000U and their price is about 40% off retail and 25% less than any other reseller?

·
Banned
960 Posts
I have no idea who that dealer is but i would not recommend trying to go inexpensive on a replacement lamp. Have heard too many horror stories.

Note that this is just my personal opinion, there are others in here that think the total opposite of me.

Benito

·
Registered
13,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabagboy /forum/post/20884521

Wondering if anyone has experience with
www.projectorlampsworld.com ?

I need a new lamp for a PT-AE4000U and their price is about 40% off retail and 25% less than any other reseller?

always check www.reselleratings.com . If a vendor isn't on there, I won't buy from them. This vendor 'review' site has been around for 10 years and most major sites are represented. The really good companies even have staff responding to custom complaints to keep their reputation high. It's good to hear from other people telling the real deal about an A+ company or a total ripoff.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...or_Lamps_World

not much feedback, first 3 posts look like shills from the vendor (be weary of scripted, glowing reports about a vendor, they are usually setups). 2nd two posts are more like it, meaning you will get what you pay for.. a cheap knockoff and poor customer service.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am as well looking to cut costs on replacement lamps. You can try to buy an original bulb only for the projector. It's just the bulb without the module where the bulb is fitted. Price for original bulb is usually half of what you would pay for the entire replacement kit. Make sure you know what you're buying. I heard good stories and bad ones, do some research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.