AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a CHEAP unit that will fire off a single IR command at a preset time daily.

Would be nice to set up individual days and maybe be able to fire off a multi-key macro, but not absolutely neccessary.

I've got an old Pronto, but its overkill for this, and the timer programming is complicated and the Pronto SW I've got won't work with my newer PC.

Anybody have any Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I don't think those will work, though.

I want to send an IR command that is "non-standard" by normal AV standards: Its a Mitsubishi Air conditioner that uses IR.

Its codes are easily learned by any learning remote I have in my junk box, I just need to fire an "on" command in the AM, and an "off" command in the evening.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I looked at it but didn't see that can also learn IR. Reading through the manual states that it can. Its out of stock, so I'm not sure its a current remote, though. Found this thing: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...98&dcaid=17936

that looks like it should work also (In my application it will be inside a cabinet - this thing is pretty ugly). Thanks again.

·
Registered
15,374 Posts
The 15-100 is definitely current. The online stock seems to come and go, but they always have a ton in the stores. I bought a couple myself not too long ago when they were half price. That clock remote should do the trick too, and it's cheaper. But it looks like some sort of mind control device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts