AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have to say, they are selling for super cheap right now... Are they worth the money though? Who here can give us some insight to these amps, I know three or four people that want to jump on this sale, but aren't sure if they should or not.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Doesn't look like they get the best rep from just doing some basic Google searches...

Lack of power and reliability..... Unless that was specific to the older models before the re-design to class h.

Seems that Mackie is rumored to be in financial trouble as well.....

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
$500 4000Watt amp sounds good. I just picked up a $800 4000Watt amp though

·
Registered
352 Posts
well if they have reliability problems, will components be available to repair them or what? or do they use propietary parts? Theres really no point in buying them for their warranty if Mackie is doomed.

What exactly are the amps designed like in a class h stage?

·
Registered
605 Posts
At that price those amps are ''B'' stock(used) and have been discontinued http://www.mackie.com/products/mseries/specs.html Like WARPDRV wrote not as good/reliable as QSC and Crown, i remember a member here had a couple going in smoke and end up making drawer with the face plate in his rack

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/19630232

I'll pay the extra $300 for reliability and true performance any day of the week...

Heck, I do not even know if the $800 crest CC4400 is going to be reliable and has true performance! Someone has to find out though

·
Registered
605 Posts
Penn the Guinea pig Lol, since Crest is own by Peavey and the CC4k is a CS4000 so i would not be too worry, plus they do back their stuff with a five years warranty

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouack /forum/post/19630317

Penn the Guinea pig Lol, since Crest is own by Peavey and the CC4k is a CS4000 so i would not be too worry, plus they do back their stuff with a five years warranty

I have to say that I have a pretty good amount of money invested in amps, even getting the Crest 8002's used but I'm glad I haven't really had any issues with them... 1 of the 7 8002's dropped a channel and I still have to send it in to get it repaired.... But they are awesome for the LMS's...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts