Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Norwegian but moved to the States, and brought about 100 dvds with me, recorded in PAL format. They have been on the shelf for a while, but I am itching to try some of them out..

Wondering what players (preferably 100 USD or less) can play them, and output to ntsc (component, preferably progressive)

Thanks!

-Tom

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yamaha 5650 Great pic quality easy Multi region and built in pal/ntsc ntsc/pal conversion. I bought one at Best Buy for $149. It is progressive.

here's the hack:

open disc drawer

on remote press 9999# where # is desired region (0 for region free)

close drawer enjoy.

You will have to change the ntsc pal settings in the player setup menu. There are cheaper options but none of those will give you such great pic quality.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Akai DVPS760, was $100 at Sam's club. Don't know if it's still around though. Pros: cheap, reliable, good looking, reads PAL, easy region hack, progressive component out, digital audio out (coax) for DD and DTS. Contras: picture is not great, 27 Mhz/10 bit DAC.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tom,

I PM'ed you also but what did you end up with. I have a Norwegian client in New York looking for same.

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Cambridge Audio 540D, nice picture quality, flawless NTSCPAL conversion, superb audio (it's my dedicated CD player) 389$ US retail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.