Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-

I'm looking for some suggestions on the construction of an inexpensive outdoor screen. Somewhere in the dimension of 16' x 8' would be nice, but I'm somewhat flexible on that.

I've given some thought to sheets (though that size would be difficult), tarps (even slightly glossy ones show wrinkles easily), styrofoam panels (not really as cheap as you'd think).

It's looking like the best option would be a 2'x4' constructed frame with showerboard or painted plywood attached to it. The screen will be hung or leaned against a tall (14') pole barn.

Any thoughts?

Jake

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Your demensions are going off the scale. Hope you have a projector with enough lumens and contrast ratio. That aside, your going to have to custom order whatever surface you elect or suffer seams. If you can live with the latter, four sheets of "Do-able" fiberboard should/will meet your expectations. You can read all about it here on this forum.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done a couple tests to try the projector out with a large outdoor screen and it looks great. It can easily go up to a 10' or 12' high 16:9 screen without a problem.

I imagine I'll just suffer seams, though it would be nice to eliminate them. I'll look into that fiberboard. Thanks!

Jake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.