Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attn bargain hunters:

I saw a Panny TV/Showstopper combo at CC (Van Ness, San Francisco) today for $149. Other CCs might have 'em, too.

David

·
Registered
77 Posts
if this is the PV-SS2710, then it's a great buy. I believe it comes with lifetime activation... (list price is 799 according to Panasonic website, and it's the only TV/SS they list)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I believe that this particular model never got the 3.0 software, which was a big improvement for the 2/3xxx series. Or did that change? Can you even connect with the older software anymore? I wouldn't be surprised if you have to send the system in for service before it will work.

Of course, this is all based on scraps I've picked up in other threads here. Someone with one of these care to correct or verify?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
As I understand it the Panny all-in-ones had a modified version of 2.x software that never did and never will update to 3.x.

Best,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mine has version 2.2, dated early this year. I got used to the v3.0 in my 3020 unit, so there is a lot of stuff missing.

The user interface is VERY slow, I wished I had saved my $300 and bought a stand alone unit. Its also very noisey for a bedroom unit. If you are not bothered by these things, its a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.