AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a screen around 90" for my room. The projector I have is a vivitek 1080fd I think. A manual pull down one would work fine. I only have around $100. I found one called a focupix with a screen gain of 1.1 that would fit my budget.

Quote:
ocupix premium manual pull down projector screens are your ideal choice for conference rooms, classrooms or home theaters. The 92" 16:9 screen is made of natural gain, fire-resistant matte white fabric. Perfect for all your widescreen format, such as HDTV and DVD, video presentations. 1 year full warranty coverage on labor and parts.

92" Diagonal - Screen Size 92" = 80"(Width) x 54"(Height);

Viewable Size - 75"(Width) x 42"(Height);

End-to-end size - 82"(Width - Case Measurement) x 54"(Height - Fabric fully extended including 12" of Top Drop)

Features

World-class Easy-mounting design - no professional installation required

Ideal for mounting on Wall, Ceiling or Rack Premium quality screen with black border: perfect image enhancement

Spring loaded, build-in Auto-Stop-Anywhere mechanism

Heavy duty metal extruded case, enamel coated

1.1 gain smooth surface, special light-proof fabric treatment Long lasting, fire-resistant screen case and fabric

Top quality ensured by 6-sigma control, backed by 100% human quality check.

Enhanced mounting brackets for a more secure mounting solution

Advanced anti-static, antiacid fabric processing prevents dust accumulation, mildew proof

Is it any good? What else is there? I know my budget is rather small. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Does it have to be a pull down screen? If not, there are other DIY options that fit the budget (such as painted walls or other substrates, and laminate sheets).

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
With that budget, I would start monitoring Craig's list in your area and keep saving your money. You may find a used screen for $50 - $100 if you wait long enough or just get lucky and it will most likely be a major brand name and of better quality. If you don't find anything, you can at least save a few hundred more dollars to purchase a screen that will last more than a month or 2..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the window is keeping me from going with a fixed screen, because I don't think my dad would let me completely cover it. I'll let you know if he changed is mind. I hardly see anything on criagslist either, but I might post a wanted add then. And actually I have about $145. How are elite screens?

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
There are several threads on Elite screen.. I actually have one I got off craigs list for $25. It is 1:1 square so not HD format and about 72" diag. It has some waves in it which you will get with any non tensioned screen after time.. If you consider pull down screens from higher end manufactures can run well over $1000, < $200 screens are all about the same.. don't expect much more than a thin white vinyl surface that will get wavy after a few months if not right from the start and you will be happy..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Budget-wise. Go to home depot and buy a piece of wilsonart formica. I got the plain "white" though most threads say designer white is best for the application. It costs $42 and you don't have to wait 10 days to get it (designer white is $96 and you do have to wait). I planned on it being temporary but its so good I made it my actual screen. Built a frame around it for another $35. Nice screen that cost me less than $100 and provides me with a plasma like image.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would consider the AccuScreen 100" 16:9 manual pull-down screen from Tiger Direct. I have a larger electric version covering two windows with blackout energy saving black curtains from WalMart and it works great with my Epson 8100 at a throw distance of 13.5 ft and 110" diagonal screen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.