AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for some reason the volume control on my remote decided to take a **** on me. Oddly the rest of the buttons seem to work just fine, so, yeah, no idea.

Either way. I did some research and basically it seems the cheapest option i have is stock replacement which is like $75 dollars.

I was hoping someone could direct me to possibly a universal remote, or some kind of alternative?

Thanks guys for your time.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrimnir  /t/1463246/cheap-replacement-remote-for-marantz-sr5003#post_23078758

Hey guys, for some reason the volume control on my remote decided to take a **** on me. Oddly the rest of the buttons seem to work just fine, so, yeah, no idea.

Either way. I did some research and basically it seems the cheapest option i have is stock replacement which is like $75 dollars.

I was hoping someone could direct me to possibly a universal remote, or some kind of alternative?

Thanks guys for your time.

I think you have a couple of options:

1) I am certain you could program a "cable provider" Universal to handle the basic functions (On/Off, Volume, input, etc.). You could then use your Marantz remote for more advanced needs.

2) If it is only the volume functions, you could try opening up the remote and cleaning the areas, and perhaps adding something to increase the contact (silicone, piece of rubber, etc.)

3) Depending upon how you use your system, and if you need a "family friendly" remote, you might consider investing in a Harmony remote. Remotes such as this are "activity based", and allow one touch operation.

A lst question; what happens when you depress the buttons on your Marantz remote now? Can you "feel" anything? Will they work if you press (very) hard?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts