Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyho,

found this RF/IR PC remote from Turtle Beach / Voyetra and sent the following email....

I am intrigued by the audiostation remote (not only because it has RF capability - unthought of in UK http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif ) and have a query...

2. I use self-developed software to control a HTPC, so effectively I would not really need the use of the software supplied with the remote. Is it possible to interface directly with the RF remote functionality using Visual Basic for example, such that when I press 'play' I could play a DVD, or use the cursor to select the function and then 'play' to activate it? Many companies supply an ActiveX control class for this functionality - do you offer the same service for developers or is there another way my software can interface with the RF remote control capability of the product?

Unsurprisingly their reply was not particularly helpful.

Does anyone have this remote, or does anyone know how I could accomplish my goal?? The attraction is a remote that looks quite nice, works well on paper and only costs $39.99.

cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
326 Posts
You could always use the X-10 Mouse remote for RF and IR functionality. It has a serial RF receiver for your PC. As long as you are running Windows 9x/ME, there is a Girder driver for it. If you are running Win2k, you could use Max10 from max10.sourceforge.net. It can be had for $25-$30USD, and you could always get it when X10.com had one of their $20 voucher deals too. Can't connect to X10's website to give the URL to the Mouse Remote, sorry.

-will

------------------

No man has enough luck to save himself from his fellow man

--Combustible Edison

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I was at Turtle Beach's site I saw that add for Audiostation as well. Then I noticed that the remote looked exactly like my X-10 Mouse Remote that came with my DVDAnywhere kit. I think they're just rebranding the X-10 product, as the video transmitter and reciever looked identical as well.

I haven't tried Girder yet, but I also saw that it is MouseRemote aware and am interested in trying it.

The X-10 software that came with my remote has many options for programming it. If your app can't be controlled directly through MCI commands (whatever those are), then you can assign the mouse buttons to hot keys manually. My Hollywood Plus DVD Station worked best with that method. I don't know about using Visual Basic to write your own app, but I bet the best place to look for answers would be with X-10 and not Turtle Beach. I'm positive this is their product.

Does anyone know if Girder will initiate commands/functions on a timer? I'm looking to use it with my other PC that has a Sigma DVR, and I'm wondering if it will allow me to schedule timed recordings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.