AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an Epson 8100 and I was going to get 104" fixed frame screen for my apartment, but I may decide to buy a house at the end of the year. Since I don't know how the new home will be able to accommodate a projector I just want to wait until after I move or decide that I'm not moving to spend a bunch of money on a screen.

I can't paint my walls, they are currently beige.

What can I do for a DIY screen that will give good results? (better then just projecting it on my beige, very dinged up wall)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just head out to a hancock or joann fabrics and ask for black out cloth. Run out and buy 1 by 3's and make a frame. Its all over U-tube on how to do it. Its exactly what im going. I just pulled it tight, and stapled it. Works perfect.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkaxt /forum/post/18167704

I just ordered an Epson 8100 and I was going to get 104" fixed frame screen for my apartment, but I may decide to buy a house at the end of the year. Since I don't know how the new home will be able to accommodate a projector I just want to wait until after I move or decide that I'm not moving to spend a bunch of money on a screen.

I can't paint my walls, they are currently beige.

What can I do for a DIY screen that will give good results? (better then just projecting it on my beige, very dinged up wall)

I got a good solution for you, but you need to pm me. Its a grey screen with about 1.5 gain and easy to adhere to a painted wall. No need to construct a frame, just stick it to your wall.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC /forum/post/18168306

Why the secretive PM? Aren't we all deserving of your "good solution?"

Mainly because its DIY but also I will be selling it and I thought the rules of this forum doesn't allow me to self promote. If interested I will gladly tell what it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts