AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dedicated HT. I have a separate "concession stand" room. I'm splitting the HDMI using a powered splitter so I can run a video feed to a monitor which hangs over the concession stand.

My problem is the audio -- I want to run the sound to 4 speakers in my concessions room.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the AV in the concessions stand using my Harmony remote from the HT. As long as the solution receives an IR signal and is stored in my audio closet, I'm covered.

Right now I'm thinking I need a cheap receiver which can pass-thru the HDMI. Then, I could leave the monitor over the concession stand on all the time, and use the cheapie receiver to turn on the picture and sound in the concessions room.

Does anyone have any better suggestions or can you recommend a cheap receiver that would serve this purpose?

Thanks!

Rick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To fuel the conversation, here's what my first thoughts are about how to accomplish my goal.

I run an HDMI cable from my Pioneer Elite receiver to my powered splitter and run one end to the projector in my HT, the other end to a cheap receiver (I see I can buy a refurbished Onkyo TX-SR575 receiver for about $270 online. I then run an HDMI cable from the Onkyo receiver to my concession stand monitor. Video solved.

I run speaker wire from my Onkyo TX-SR575 to a volume control in my concession stand room, then back to the audio closet where I use a speaker selector to split to 4 speakers, which I run back into the concession stand room for the sound. Audio solved.

I already have all the equipment except the speaker selector ($45) and Onkyo receiver ($270) so this accomplishes my goal (unless I'm missing something) for $315.

Are there cheaper options? Will this even work?

Thanks!

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts